Trapped in a Tangled Web

015

The lyrics of "Famous last words" by My Chemical Romance was blaring through the trucks speakers, making me laugh softly to myself as I sang along. The lyrics were, oddly enough, pretty damn close to how I felt at the moment.

Is it hard understanding I'm incomplete?

Yeah, that pretty much described what I felt at the moment.

It was like, as much as I wanted to hate the fuckers for abandoning me after all the trouble I went through for them, I felt totally helpless without atleast Gage by my side, arguing about my safety.

And that one single acknowledgement pissed me off to no end. I barely knew him all of two days before we were caught, and yet it seemed as if he was the only sanity in my life right now. The only reason to keep breathing. Keep existing.

Keep fighting.

The headlights illuminated the dark street as I flew down the highway, intent on atleast seeing where this girl lived tonight. I knew for an adament fact that I couldn't just knock on her door and tell her to trust me. She'd try to kill me, think I was nuts, or just dismiss my warning without caring.

That was soo not acceptable to me. After everything that I went through, this girl WOULD be alive to see middle age.

If we ever fucking age, I mused.

It was common knowledge that shifters kept aging until their mid-twenties. Aging until their body was fuly formed and able to handle anything being thrown at them.

My kind was a little different though. I was physically around the age of twenty four, but in reality I was only nineteen. It was one hell of a growth spurt when I turned eighteen. Shot up atleast six to seven inches within the span of a week, got rid of the weird acne that all teenagers seem to be plagued with, and finally my hips became proportionate with the upper half of my body.

So maybe we aged a little differently than most. It didn't mean that we stopped aging technically. Just that we didn't need t oage for a while until the years caught up to our physical bodies.

A horn honking loudly behind me brought me out of my musing. I must have veered into the other lane slightly while I was off in lala-land, not focused enough on the present to drive safely.

Getting the Hummer straightened back out normally on the highway, I took a quick glance back down at the paper resting by the gear shift before looking around to see where I was exactly.

Taking in the signs flashing by my eyes at warp speed, I figured I was only about ten minutes away from the exit that I needed, then another ten to fifteen minutes away from her house.

Then I would finally...

Finally what, exactly? What the hell would I do there exactly? Just stare at the house and say "ooh, how pretty"? Would I snoop around and see what the inside looked like? Knock and see if she was home?

I slammed on the brakes as a sudden though occured to me. What the hell was I doing? Why in the hell was I doing this by myself when one of them could be with me? Especially Gage.

God damnit! I wanted them here with me! I wanted him here with me.

It was irrational, to say the least. A fear so crippling in that minute that my chest seemed frozen in place. No breath in or out. No movement but keeping my hands cramped tightly into the steering wheel of the truck.

I had to go see him first. Needed to know that he was alright after they left. Needed to know that he still cared, even a tiny bit.

Grinding my teeth together, I made atleast three cars honk their horns and swerve around me as I jerked the wheel as hard as I could, spinning the Hummer around the opposite way and stomping on the gas pedal.

It was all one big, gigantic, relentless panic attack for the following half hour. One humongous breathing exersize as I tried to get my feelings under control as I sped towards their house.

Something was wrong.

It was completely irrational. That much I knew for sure. The feeling that something very bad was going to g odown with them in the matter of a few minutes, and I had to stop it. Or atleast try to stop it.

Barely pulling off the road onto the gravel drive to get to their house, I slammed the truck into park and rushed out of there, shifting into a panther before myfeet paws hit the ground for the first time.

I was off like a bullet, leaping over falled branches, weaving left and right around huge trees while pushing myself to the limit.

I'm going to be too late.

So I ran even faster, my muscles cramping and practically screaming in protest at what I was asking of them.

And yet I was still late.

Skidding to a halt and making a ton of dirt fly up in the air, I managed to stay still and pant to catch my breath while watching their house burn to the ground.

Orange, blue, and pure red flames lept and faded into the air, smoke billowing up all around until the stars in the sky became a cloud of black.

The breath woshed out of my lungs as I staggered back, unsure for a few minutes exactly why it happened to begin with.

"You fucking bitch! This is all your fault!"

Suddenly, I was looking up fromground level, staring into Jason's enraged face while he made to hit me again.

A growl ripped out of my throat as I made myself transparent, standing up to my full height before ramming my fist into his face.

He staggered backwards, only remaining standing when his back hit the bark of a huge tree.

Within one blink, Kyrian, Gage, anf Brian were all standing not a foot from my invisible body, staring at Jason in confusion.

"what the hell happened to you?" Brian asked, a small smile tugging at his lips while his eyes flicked around the enclosure. "Pick a fight with a chipmunk?"

Jason rubbed his jaw, straightening his body up until he was a few feet away from the tree. "The bitch hit me," he grumbled.

I snarled, cursing under my breath as Gage's eyes finally landed on me. Damn him for seeing me.

"Flame?" he asked, turning his body slightly towards me. "Is there a reason your here hitting our friend?"

I curled my lip. "He attacked me. Twice."

"Did you hit her?" Gage asked, his posture suddenly going risged while his eyes stayed focused on me.

"Hell no," Jason grumbled. "If I hit her, how the fuck did I end up on a tree?" he reasoned.

I smirked, letting myself become visible so he could see that he was already caught. "You landed there after I hit you back for busting my lip. If you rgoing to lie, make sure you can't get caught in it," I reasoned back.

Brian looked back and forth bewtween the both of us before throwing his arms up in the air and turning back to watch the house burn down. "We need to find somewhere to stay the night," he murmered. "We can deal with the slap-fest later."

I groaned under my breath, rubbing the bridge of my nose. "My house it is, I guess," I grumbled. "Unless one of you have a house that you never stay at."

Gage walked forward and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Thanks for comming," he whispered, bending to give me a kiss on the cheek.

It was quite cute actually. we already had sex, and yet he was acting like we were on a first date.

I shrugged, knowing that he would take it as a welcome. "Let's get going," I sighed. "I left kayd's truck at the beginning of the road.

Kyrian finally spoke. "How the hell did you know to come here?" he asked softly, walking up to stand next to his brother and myself.

I bit my lip. "I just had a weird panic attack and knew that I had to get here as fast as I could. I was actually going the opposite way for over an hour. Almost got to where I was going before I spun the truck around."

"Where the hell were you going at this time of night?" gage asked, worry lacing his voice. "It's not safe to drive at this time."

I looked up, giving him a droll stare. "we see better in the dark, then in the light, so your point is obselete. And I was going to see where this Angela girl lives."

Ky smirked as all of us started walking. Including Jason after a few seconds of hesitation.

"Then let's go see the girl you were mistaken for."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments= <3
Sorry if there is mistakes in this. the spell check is refusing to work for me.