Trapped in a Tangled Web

004

Maybe they just didn't trust me. And maybe, just maybe, they were right not to.

"Had a feeling you'd sneak out this way."

I whispered a curse under my breath before turning around, pressing my back against the alley wall as I cast a curious glance at Jason. "I thought all of you were too injured to get out?"

The little smirk he gave me as he folded his arms made me want to hit him. "Gage was hurt the worst. It will take him alot longer than one day to heal. I wasn't hurt as much."

Thankfully I was still completely focused on all of my surroundings, or else I would have screamed in shock as Ky lept off of the roof and landed as a cougar next to me. He let out a growl as he looked up at me, baring a full set of sharp fangs right next to my hand.

Without a thought, I reached down and ran my hand along his head, reveling in the softness of his fur. A startled squeal left my lips as he leaned his body into my hip, actually purring and pushing his head further into my hand.

"Your not even afraid, are you?" Jason asked softly. "He could rip your hand right off in a second, and your not even worried about it."

I shrugged, kneeling down and wrapping my arms around the cougars neck. It was close enough that all he would have to do was open his mouth and bit down, and I would be minus a throat. "If he was going to hurt me, he wouldn't have landed next to me. He could have just knocked me flat on my ass."

Without warning, I felt natural hair under my hand, warm skin under my fingertips. I didn't want to look. Knew I couldn't stop myself from staring if I would even glance down his way. My hand went dead still against the top of his shoulder, right where shoulder, neck, and chest meet.

"Ky, tell me your not naked, leaning against my body right now."

His body shook under my hand, holding in a laugh that he must have been desperate to vocalize. "I'm pretty much naked against you, Flame. Want to join me?"

It took all of my self control to keep my eyes focused on Jason, and not look down at all that muscle I was barely touching. "Ky, either shift back, or get dressed. I don't play games like this."

A shiver raced down my spine, the hairs on my arms standing on end as he stood up and blew warm breath against my ear. "What if I want you to play with me?"

A smirk graced my lips as I continued to look at Jason. "Then play with yourself. I'm not going to be the cause of your little brother kicking your ass. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going home."

I managed to take three steps forward before his arms circled my waist, pulling me back against his naked chest. It oddly reminded me of what his brother did to me the previous night. "Your comming back with us. Even if it's only to see him and leave," he said simply.

A sudden rush of anger made me turn to look at him, and I was slightly proud of myself that my eyes never traveled below his chin. "Your not the boss of me, Kyrian. I saved your ass, not the other way around. Now get your fucking hands off of me."

I pulled out of his grasp, taking off like a bullet down the alley as fast as I could run. Which, I admit, was alot faster than most cars can drive.I was almost to the street, a few feet shy of the opening before a body slammed into mine. The force of the blow pushing me into the hard bricks, pain radiating up my shoulder that took most of the blow.

"Your not going anywhere until you come with us," Jason whispered.

I smirked as he pushed his body flush against mine, trying his hardest to hold me against the wall while I barely made an effort.

"Jason, you do realize your a fucking wimp, right?" I knew I could break free of him easily, and I told him so. I could get away from him and shift, staying invisible so they could never find me.

My heart rate sped up to the point that my body was almost vibrating. His lips were so close to my ear that his breath was like a soft caress as he whispered. "Ky can still track by smell. You can't get away that easily."

I sighed and let my body relax against the wall. "What do you want from me?" I whispered.

"We just want you to come back with us, love," Ky answered, standing beside Jason and I.

A flush crept up onto my face as I tried desperately to look at ONLY his eyes. "But why?" I challenged.

"Gage wants to talk to you. He won't tell us why, I swear it," Jason replied.

"Think of it this way, Flame. If you come back with us now, you'll get home sooner. If you keep standing here arguing, you'll be at our place all day," Kyrian said simply. "But then again, don't rush on my account. I'm perfectly happy to stand here and pin you to a wall."

I sighed, accepting my fate and resenting ever having saved their annoying asses. "Fine! How the fuck are you planning on getting me there? You hiding wings on you or something?"

Ky grinned, reaching into his back pocket and pulling out his wallet. "Your taking a cab."

My jaw dropped open, annoyance drumming through my veins at the mere thought of taking a stinking, hott, sweaty cab for three fucking states.

"No fucking way in hell am I taking a cab!" I shrieked. "How the hell did you two get here?"

Jason shrugged, looking at Kyrian to explain. Ky rolled his eyes and turned back to me. "I rode my harley here. Jason shifted and stayed in my jacket. And no, there isn't room for you on the back. I don't have another helmet to give you."

It was my turn to grin and make him nervous. "I'll get there on my own. Go get your ride and meet me here."

Both men looked at me like I was nuts, but Jason walked out of the alleyway with Ky's keys dangling from his fingers.

"So how are you getting to our house?" Kyrian asked suddenly. "You have a car of your own?"

I shrugged. "Don't worry about me. I swear that I won't lie and try to get out of comming with you two."

He cast me a skeptical look just as Jason walked back down the alleyway, the motorcycle wheeling along beside himself.

"How are you going to follow us?" Ky asked again.

I shook my head and let myself go invisible. "Just drive Kyrian. When you give me a ride on that bike, I'll tell you how I managed to beat you there."

He frowned, picking up his helmet off the back of his ride and tucking it undernearth his arm. "Beat us there? How the hell will you beat us there? Even if you somehow can manage to be faster than what I'm driving, you don't know where we live."

I rolled my eyes, knowing he couldn't see me and doing it anyways. "Just drive home Kyrian. I'll be there waiting for you. Promise."

Without waiting for his reply, I focused on the animal form I wanted to use and took off into the sky, hovering in the cool air until I watched Jason shift into a rabbit, hopping into Ky's leather jacket before both of them took off down the deserted streets.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... next chapter has sex. yup. Comments motivate me to write faster. *winks*