Forever Fades Away

Kind Of A Bitch

I had been sitting at the kitchen table for over an hour now. My professor had given me an extra assignment yesterday when I had spoken with him about transferring majors. He asked me to write a paper about I initially had chosen my major; I couldn’t remember why I even did.

I concentrated hard and an idea raced through my mind. I reached for my pen and I heard Pinkly scratching at the door.

“You’ve got to be shittin’ me.” I threw my pen across the table and it skidded off to the floor. Pinkly was finished doing her business and wanted in. She was starting to cry now. She was also starting to get on my nerves. I got up form my chair and opened the door for her.

“Come in, your highness.”

“Oh you shouldn’t have, that’s so nice of you!” Pinkly ran over to Brian and walked past me completely avoiding me; that little bitch. Brian picked her up and walked over to me. He gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

“Did you get a lot done today?” he asked.

“Yeah, and extra,” I took a seat at the table.

“Good. Listen Mae, we have to talk.” Brian placed Pinkly back down onto the floor.

“Um, okay sure. Shoot,” I said a bit confused yet intrigued. Brian pulled out the chair next to me and took a seat.

“It’s about Zack. He, uh, well,”

“What did he do this time?” I said jokingly, not realizing how serious Brian was about the matter. He looked upset now.

“Gena broke it off with Zack.” I was stunned.

“What? When? Wait,” I got up and started going towards the phone hanging on the wall. Brian stopped me.

“Listen, Gena just got sick of everything and broke it off. Zack and I were just hanging out sitting in his back yard and she comes over yelling at the top of her lungs and breaks up with him. I tried to leave but Gena wouldn’t let me.” I stared at him at him dumbfounded. I wasn’t sure if he was waiting for a response from me because he didn’t say anything.

“An, and then what?”
“They fought some more. She said some hurtful things to him. Kind of a bitch.”

“Don’t call her that!” Gena was my friend; I couldn’t let Brian call her negative names like that. “I need to call her now.” I turned and started to walk again. Brian grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

“Baby, it’s not our problem.”

“Zack and Gena are our friends Brian!”

“I know, but he asked me not to say anything to anyone.”

“Does he just expect us to not miss her when she’s suddenly gone? Am I not allowed to be her friend anymore? I mean, what are we suppose to do?”

“I know, I know. He’s going to spend a couple of days with us here, so Gena can pack up her things from his house.”

I took a seat once again. I stared into the area in front of me, “They seemed so happy, Brian.” Brian brought his chair closer to mine and sat down.

“They did, but Zack knew she wasn’t happy. If she would have given him more time, I know Zacky could have given her everything she ever wanted. Timing wasn’t right.”

Brian placed his arm around me. I let my head rest on his shoulder. I couldn’t comprehend why Gena left him. Zack treated her like a true lady.

“He’ll be here any minute now. He’s probably just going straight to the guest room and hang out there, okay?”

“That’s fine; I just wish Gena would have said something to me.”

“Oh trust me, she wanted to,” Brian interrupted me.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Could one of my closest friends actually hate me?

“Nothing against you, but towards me actually.” I eyed Brian as he took a significantly long pause.

“She blamed me a lot because of the whole health issue. If I hadn’t been sick, Zack wouldn’t have ignored her so much.” Brian whispered the last sentence softly.

“Oh babe, don’t listen to that. Maybe she blamed you because she had no idea what to do. It was just easier to blame it on something else than to rather admit to the real problem. You are not the reason why the relationship didn’t last.” I cupped his face, “You are like a brother to Zack, and of course he was going to be there for you, for us.” I ran my fingers through his hair, to give him some comfort.

“Zack was really hurt, but he said he saw it coming. I guess he’s going to be the third wheel now…”

“Of course he’s going to be upset--don’t call him a third wheel!” I playfully slapped him. As I slapped his face, he grabbed my hand and placed it on his lap.

“Mae, I don’t want to leave him here alone this weekend,” he looked straight into my eyes.

I squinted my eyes, “So don’t.” He sighed. I obviously didn’t understand what he was trying to say.

“Baby, the trip to Mexico might do him some good.”

“BRIAN!” I pulled my hand away from him and pushed the chair back and away from him. I immediately regretted it; I was acting like a three year old. Brian only looked at me. His eyes showed anger, but he never truly let it show.

“It’s just an idea. He might not even go for it. I just don’t want to leave him alone.”

“I know, I know. And I’m sorry. It’s just that the day I marry you, I’m going to have to marry him as well.” we both started laughing. Brian suddenly got quiet.

“You don’t feel like I always put you last, do you?” he asked seriously. The question caught me off guard. I knew the band was important to him, but I don’t think I would ever be able to ask him to choose between the two.

“Brian, I understand how much Avenged means to you. That’s why I would never ever make you chose. I’m okay being last, even though I don’t feel like you do put me last, because I know you’ll come back home to me no matter what. I’m extremely happy I get to call you mine.” Brian sighed.

“I feel sometimes you get the shit end of the stick, and I try really hard so that you don’t, but after watching Gena tear Zacky a new one, I don’t think I try hard enough.”

“You give me plenty, baby. I promise.” As I leaned in to give him a kiss, we both heard the front door open. Brian looked at me and smiled.

“Thank you.”

________________

“You know, for being actual guitarists, you guys suck at this game.” I sat on the floor in front of the couch watching a drunken Zack and an equally drunk ‘Syn’ play video games. Earlier in the night, Brian had yelled at Zack for calling him Bri.

“We’re playing Guitar Hero fucker, gotta use your fucking name, alright? I’m Synyster Gates, remember that.”

As the night went on, their sentences were beginning to be less coherent by the minute.

Zack acted like a true gentlemen when Gena was brought up in the conversation, but she was hardly mentioned by her name, we just simply referred to her as ‘her’ and ‘she’.

I took a long drink of my vodka mix and sat it back down on the table. It had been a while since I had last been drunk. It felt really good to let loose. Brian looked just as relaxed. He was really drunk now though. Whenever anything came out of his mouth, it made no sense.

“The rhythm is pure fucking anthem, but I feel these buttons are just a trick,” he said to Zack. Their level of playing had initially started at expert. They were on medium now, which was actually beginning to be extremely hard for Zack to play correct.

“Fo’ sho’ brother, but why am I sucking so hard right now?” Brian started to laugh. He was sprawled out on the long cough. Zack was occupying the love seat next to him, his usual spot.

“You always do, it’s why you’s a rhythm bitch.”

“You guys do know that, uh, you’re in the red.”

“Fuck it, I suck! The notes are going way too fast and I think I’ll puke if I keep sucking.” we all laughed at him. He placed the guitar down and laid back down on the couch.

“You know what’s so cool about Mexico, baby?” Brian asked. He was starting to twirl my hair in his hands.

“Hmm?”

“Cheap beer, Tecate and Corona all night!”

“You’re forgetting Tequila.” I took one final drink and set my glass aside. I don’t think I can handle another one.

I glanced over to Zack and noticed he was dead asleep now. Poor guy. I tried getting up without stumbling over too much.

“Hand me that throw blanket by you,” I said to Brian. He looked at me as if I was an idiot.

“You want me to throw it at you?” He started laughing like a mad man. I got it myself and covered Zack

“Let’s go to bed and play.” Brian immediately ran up the stairs to our bedroom. Tomorrow was going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've never met Gena, but I'm sure she is a lovely gal.

I see new readers and new subscribers, THANK YOU! I would really love it if you guys let me know how I'm doing.