‹ Prequel: Alone With You

Fragile

Chapter One.

*Brian*

Another night. Another sleepless, nightmare filled night had passed. I couldn’t work out why I felt different this morning. There was something about the day that made me feel different, like something good had happened. I shrugged it off and walked into the bathroom. Once I had done what was necessary, I dressed and made my way downstairs. I looked at the clock to see it read 7:10 am. Time to wake the monsters up. I walked back upstairs and walked into the twins room. It was still the purple colour it was before, only now it had more in it. Toys, toys and more toys. Two six year old boys are hard to keep tidy.

“Jordan, Jake.” I said as I stood in the middle of the room. Jordan sat up smiling. every time I see him, I could cry. The jade eyes were to much to handle. He had Zack’s eyes and my mouth. It was hard to think about Zack now. I felt like I had betrayed him. I looked at Jakes bed to see he had pulled the covers up above his head. I walked over and pounced on his bed. He groaned and sat up. He was the complete opposite of Jordan. His eyes were the deep chocolate brown of mine, but yet his lips were the full, plumped ones of Zack. He was the one that I had found hard to potty train. Everything was a fuss with him. He couldn’t do one simple thing without blowing it all up.

“Get up.” I said into the boy as I hugged him

“Never.” he laughed. I blew a raspberry on his cheek and he ran out of bed as fast as he got into it.

“Never didn’t last long.” I said standing up.

“Daddy, I don’t wanna go to school.” he whined.

“Look at Jordan, he is already dressed.” I said pointing at the quiet boy that was pulling his socks on.

“He’s a geek.” Jake said

“No, he’s not. He is perfect, just like you. And you know you are best friends.” I said. It was true. For two boys, they were inseparable.

“Daddy, can we have eggs?” Jordan asked walking over to me.

“Of course.” I said walking downstairs.

I stood in the kitchen waiting for the eggs to boil in the saucepan. My life shouldn’t be like this, this is all too much to cope with. I loved my boys like hell, but something was missing. That something was lying in a hospital bed, because of me. As I reached for the milk two arms wrapped themselves around my waist. Two very feminine arms.