‹ Prequel: Alone With You

Fragile

Chapter Two.

*Brian’s POV*

I turned and faced the woman that I had called my girlfriend for the past four years.

“Hey Denim.” I said turning around

“Hey babe, what are you cooking?” She asked, her deep blue eyes trying to get a glimpse of what was behind me.

“Pancakes, the boys wanted eggs but there was no way I was having them go to school feeling ill.” I said, last time they had eggs Jordan was sick all day.

“Oh yeah, last time was murder.” She laughed. Everyone thought that I was only with her for the company. It was partly true, if you include the fact that going from a rock star to being plummeted into the world of being a single parent of twins has anything to do with it, then yes, company is what I need.

“Anyway, I have to go to work, there are twins being born today so I wanna get there early and try and relax the mother, apparently she is scared.” She laughed. She was a midwife at the hospital where Zack was. She didn’t know Zack, she wasn’t allowed to, she knew who he was but apparently a midwife cant have anything to do with the comatose.

“Okay Den, see you.” I said as she walked off. I heard her say goodbye to the boys and the door shut.

She wasn’t a slut, or a whore, or anything bad. Yeah, the guys don’t like her much, but that only because they think that they will be betraying Zack if they do. She has been my girlfriend for just under four years, she was the one that comforted me in the hospital when they told me that Zacky’s condition may be irreversible. I was sat crying and she came and helped me get through it.

I loved the way her brown hair was at just the right length that it fell down to the small of her back. I loved the way her blue eyes would change colour every so slightly depending on what mood she was in. I loved the way her body fantastic, her hips just the right size. I loved the way her tongue piercing shone when she spoke. I loved the way she had accepted my life and the twin’s life, understanding why I don’t want them to refer to her as their mom, understanding how we would be out for hours visiting my long lost love in that white bed. But I couldn’t love her. I don’t know why, but I couldn’t bring myself to.

I heard footsteps and muffled voices as Jordan and Jake walked into the kitchen.

“Where are my eggs?” Jake asked sitting at the table

“Pancakes.” I said

“No, eggs.”

“No, pancakes.” I said in the same tone as him

“No…”

“Shut up.” I said quickly. I put the pancakes in front of them and sat next to Jordan.

“You okay?” I asked

“Yeah, fine.” he said still looking at his pancakes. He was always the quiet one, never one to make a fuss over anything. He was always the closest to Zack. Even though Zack has never spoken to him, he was always the one that would sit there for hours and talk about what has happened that week, while Jake just sat there and played games. It was relieving to know that when Zacky wakes up, he will have a little supporter already by his side.

My mind turned to thoughts of Zacky. What its like to lie there for six years and not know it. Will he remember us when he wakes up, or will we just be some distant strangers left in the dark.

I heard knocking on the door. I looked up at the clock to see it said half eight. I had been up a long time.

I got up and opened the door to Helen, Zacky’s main doctor.

“Hey, why are you here?” I asked

“He’s awake.” she smiled

“What?”

“Zacky, he woke up about half an hour ago.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, but someone is really badly stealing ideas.
You know who you are,
not to have a rant but
most of your stories are copying everybody elses.
The whole idea of this is to come up with your own storys and write them, not copy everyine elses and take credit for it.
It really pisses me off when I put time and effort into things that people go and copy.
And its not my ideas either, its everyones that your stealing.

Do you see my point?

#####
This chapter goes out to my friend Denim, who came over and helped me get the idea for 'Alone with you' I think she needs deds lol. Give her a clap, she was the one that told me to start writing.