‹ Prequel: Alone With You

Fragile

Epilogue.

*1 year later* *Christmas Morning*

It was half five on the twenty-fifth of December. The sun was softly rising, setting an orange glow sweep over the beaches of Orange County, California. Zachary Baker and Brian Haner lay softly in their bed. They recently moved house, the old one getting too small for their growing family. It was a six bedroom, eight bathroom mansion located in Huntingdon Beach. Their new house came with a mass of pools, a bar located in the centre, a garage fit enough for nine cars, its own private section of the beach and was made up of two magnificent floors.

Brian Haner lay on his side, his back facing his lover as he slept softly on this unusually warm December day. Zack Baker lay also on his side, his arms wrapped around the mass of pink blankets that contained the four month old infant. Jasmine.

She was born on August the Sixth, through a natural, untreated birth. It came across as unexpected two both the parents. She was born three weeks prior to her due date. Brian and Zacky were in the bedroom, just lying, enjoying each others company when Zacky suddenly went into labour. They couldn’t do much about it, there was a storm at the time so nobody could get anywhere and the hospitals were only on ‘Emergencies only’. The realisation hit Zacky half way through the birth that he was actually more of a she than a he. He cried for hours afterwards, the hormones making him stress that he had just given birth. Brian eventually calmed him down by explaining that what they have as a couple is what all gay couples want. Not to have to adopt, but to have children that they can actually call their own.

So there they lay, on the bed fit for six, Zacky cuddled up to his daughter, kissing her tiny head softly. The kiss made her eyes open, cooing softly as she took a small breath. Zacky felt the bed shift and an arm drape over his waist. He smiled softly to himself as he felt Brian’s breath on his neck. He continued to show attention to the small girl in his arms, he felt like he had to pay her three times as much attention after he missed out on this stage with Jake and Jordan.

Choosing Jasmines name wasn’t hard. They knew they wanted to name her something nice and pretty. It was between Jasmine and Jade, they knew they wanted to keep with the letter ‘J’, but not use the names that made them sound like they lived in a wooden house in the middle of nowhere, much like Cletus Spuckler off The Simpsons, no, they wanted nice, classy names that they knew their kids would like.

Zacky continued to play with the baby before he heard laughter from behind him. He turned his head and saw Brian smiling at him, eyes awake and wide.

“How long have you been there?” Zacky asked.

“All night. However, I have been watching you for the past fifteen minutes,” Brian replied.

Zacky smiled and rolled over, placing Jasmine on his chest. Brian moved forward and pushed their lips together sweetly. In the room next to theirs they could hear the two boys in the other bedroom.

“Merry Christmas,” Zacky said as they pulled apart.

“It’s going to be a lot better than last year,” Brian said, “Even though announcing that you were pregnant again at the dinner table in front of both our families wasn’t planned, it was still one of the best things ever.”

Zacky nodded and looked at the human on his chest. Her huge green eyes, with a brown blob in the left eye, were looking up at him. That is how they knew that she was theirs. Her left eye was the exact same green as the other, but she had a brown mark about the size of a bead next to her pupil, it was slightly bigger than her pupil though, when it was at its small size. He brown tufts of hair lay on her head making her face look smaller and chubbier.

Brian leaned over and grabbed the walkie talkie off the bed side table, muttering something into it. Moments later the twins were in Zack and Brian’s bedroom, leaping onto the bed. Jordan crawled up to the headboard and leaned against it while Jake made himself comfy at the foot of the bed. Zack leaned over and placed Jasmine in Jordan’s lap, who wrapped his arms around his sister to stop her falling off.

“When can we open presents?” Jake questioned to his parents.

“Its six. If you wait an hour then we will go down and open them,” Zacky spoke.

Jake nodded and jumped off the bed and walked over to the dog bed, sitting in the middle of the four small puppies. Zacky turned and cuddled up to Brian’s side, kissing his cheek slightly.

After an hour of excitement and whining, they all walked downstairs. Brian placed Jasmine in her play pen, handing her the little teddy bear she had grown quite fond of. She yawned slightly and went back to sleep. Jordan and Jake were immediately under the tree searching for the biggest present with their own name on it. Zacky laughed as Jake knocked one of the bigger presents over, his face paling as he thought it broke.

Jake’s main present was a top of the range remote control car, he loved it and didn’t really care for the presents after he opened that. Jordan’s main present was a small kitten, he had always said how he wanted a cat and both parents thought he would love it, which he did.

Brian and Zacky sat, watching their children for the half an hour of present opening before telling them to both go and get dressed. As they sat alone in the room, their daughter sleeping softly on her blankets, they exchanged gifts of their own.

“Okay, I had no idea what to get you, but I thought this would put a smile on your gorgeous face,” Brian smirked as he spoke to Zacky.

Zacky looked confused as he opened the oddly shaped present. He pulled out a large folder and a lot of pieces of paper. As he looked, his eyes scanned the piece of paper that lay on the top,

‘License for Brian Elwin Haner Jr and Zachary James Baker to be married at St James’ Catholic Church, Huntingdon Beach, California on February 14th…’

He then looked and saw Brian had already signed the paper and the space for his name was left blank.

Zack looked up and smiled, “You said we were going to begin planning it after Christmas,” he said teary eyed.

“Well, I’ve been working on it since May, it was so hard to keep you from finding out. I had to get all of your hospital documents, saying that it isn’t technically a Gay Marriage so we can get married in a catholic church, like you said you wanted to. Everything is done. If you look through the folder it has everything from tuxedos to the cutlery and napkins,” Brian said.

“So, when you asked me what were my favourite flowers and what colour I would want to wear and stuff… it was for this?”

“Yes,” Brian nodded, “And you always said that you wanted to get married on Valentines, so you are.”

Zacky sat there, flicking through the pages in the folder that were packed full of pictures and decorations. There were samples of everything, even down to the tablecloths. He eventually looked up at Brian and handed him his present. It was small and neatly wrapped in purple wrapping paper. Brian opened it to find a small box fall out. He opened the box and looked at what was inside.

“I looked weird, being the only one with an engagement ring on, so I got one for you as well, even though there’s not much use for it,” Zacky sighed.

“Zee, I don’t care if you got me a toothbrush, I don’t care if you got me fuck all, I still love it,” Brian laughed, sliding the ring onto his finger.

He leaned over and placed a kiss on Zacky’s mouth.

“I am so glad you got rid of that beard thing you had going on,” Brian said as he pulled away.

“I know, I realise how much younger I look now,” Zacky laughed.

And with that, they married in St James’ Church on February 14th. Brian wore a Black tuxedo with a white button down, while Zacky wore the opposite. Matt was Zacky’s best man and Jimmy was Brian’s. Johnny was in charge of cleaning Jasmines poop and making sure Jake and Jordan were kept under control. The church was on the coast, the ceremony held outside in the church grounds due to the fact the weather in California was sweltering all year round. Brian had rice flicked in his eye by one of the men that worked in his tattoo parlour, so the entire limo ride from the church to the after party was Zacky trying to get him to open his eye. They then stopped at a hotel, Michelle had the three children in her room and Zacky and Brian had a room to themselves, for obvious reasons. They honeymooned in Egypt, they thought Hawaii would be too cliché and Egypt was somewhere neither of the men had ever been.

*Ten years later*

Zacky let out a frustrated yell as he once again found Jake alone in his bedroom with his girlfriend Georgia. They were both half naked, so he instantly knew what they were up to.

“Dad! Get the fuck out,” Jake yelled, pulling the sheets up to cover his girlfriends body.

“What have we told you, if you’re going to fuck, do so at someone else’s house. There’s a ten year old running round that could come in any second,” Zacky said, walking over and picking up the washing basket.

“Its not my fault,” Jake complained, “Put a freakin’ lock on the door.”

Zacky laughed and walked out of the room and back downstairs. He dumped the washing basket in the kitchen and walked into the garden seeing Brian playing with ten year old Jasmine, trying to teach her how to play baseball.

He laughed to himself before walking into the lounge. He walked in on Jordan and his boyfriend, Cole, heavily making out on the sofa.

“Its like running a sex house in this dump,” he muttered to himself.

Jordan came out when he was fourteen. It didn’t surprise either parent as they both knew he was far too nice to be straight. Neither parent minded much either, they cant exactly say their own relationship was entirely straight.

“Will you two knock it off,” Zacky said, throwing a pillow at the pair.

“We aren’t as bad as them two up there, I am so surprised he hasn’t got her up the duff yet,” Jordan laughed, sitting up.

Cole was a lanky kid, much taller and thinner than Brian, his eyes were piercing blue and he had light brown hair. As lanky kids go, he is decent looking. Zacky sat there and flicked the TV on, selecting some random channel and watching it.

At half five, Georgia went home and Zacky and Brian were trying their best for the remaining three boys to go and take Jasmine out somewhere.

“The carnivals in town, take her there,” Brian said as Zacky played with his hair.

“That’s a good idea,” Jordan said to Jake.

“I am not going out just because you two want time to fuck,” Jake said, his eyes glued to the TV.

Brian sighed into his hands, Zacky patting his back. The truth is that they hadn’t done anything remotely sexual in three weeks. Brian had began to lose his cool and Zack was just the same.

“I’ll give you a hundred dollars each, and an extra fifty to spend on Jas, just get the fuck out of this house,” Brian said.

He was quite protective of his money, trying to make sure the twins both knew that one day they would have to earn it.

“Get in there!” Jake yelled. He stood up and held his hand out to Brian who pulled out his wallet. He handed the money to Jake and Jordan and apologised to Cole for being rude.

Once they had left with Jasmine, Zacky and Brian looked at each other before racing up the stairs. Once they reached the top, Brian held onto his back.

“Come on old man,” Zacky said, grabbing his hand.

“Forty five isn’t old. It’s a fragile age,” Brian argued.

“Is that a grey hair I see?” Zacky asked as Brian kicked the door shut.

Brian pushed him towards the bed, his lips ghosting over his lovers.

“Lets see if those hips can still keep up with the pace,” Zacky laughed, his tongue flicking out over his husbands lips.

“Oh, trust me, these hips will always be up with the pace,” Brian said, pressing his lips down to Zackys.

“I love you,” Zacky laughed into the kiss.

“Ditto.”

Zacky Baker was just a twenty six year old man when his real adventure started. If he could go back in time, he would never have expected his life to end up like this. He always knew he was different from the rest, he just never did quite know how different until that night in the hotel room, playing a drunken game of ‘Truth or Dare‘, the game that lead him to having sex with his best friend, the game that lead him to have his two favourite boys in the world, the game that lead him to the rest of his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I was going to leave it at '1 year', but I wanted to show that they were still together in the future, so I added a bit on.

ITS FINALLY DONE! =D

Now I'm gonna get back into my other stories, because I feel really bad for neglecting them.