‹ Prequel: Alone With You

Fragile

Chapter Three.

*Zacky’s POV*

I was sat up in my bed. The doctors had left because apparently there was a crisis going on else where. I heard someone mention ‘Helen’ and ‘Contact list’ I didn’t know what they meant by that but I had assumed that she had gone to do something. I was abnormally happy for someone that was just out of a coma. I think it had something to do with the fact that hopefully Helen has gone out to do something that involves Brian and the twins.

Yes, I remember. I remember everything. From sitting in my bunk talking to Johnny about my condition, to sitting in the car listening to the beautiful words that flowed from Brian’s mouth when he asked me to marry him. I smiled to the empty room and looked at my hands. My nails were painted the oh so familiar colour black and my tattoo’s hadn’t lost their tone. I smiled again and looked across at my cards and picked up the few that were in my reach. They were all birthday cards. From Matt and Val, Jimmy and Leana and Johnny and Mayotte. I looked at the six cards left in the pile. I picked them up, seeing that they had little numbers, one through six, in the corner, I started with number one. I was from Brian, but had two unreadable scrawls under his name.

Tears welled in my eyes as I figured that they were from the twins. It was hard, not knowing what sex your children are, or what their names are. From the cards I gathered that I had been out for around six years, as there were six cards. I moved to the second card, my eyes welled more when I saw the loving words that Brian had wrote, then I saw two more names again underneath, still unreadable.

The third and fourth were the same, until I got to the fifth. I could make out the name ‘Jake’ and smiled. I remember picking that name. I looked closer at the longer word, but couldn’t quite make it out. I picked up the sixth card to see I still couldn’t figure out the name.

The door opened and Helen walked in.

“Zack. it’s a miracle that your awake.” she smiled reading something off my chart.

“Is it six years?” I asked

“Six and a bit, you went out in May 2009, now its September 2015.” she smiled

“Oh my gosh, I’m old.” I said

“What about me, I’m retiring next year.” she laughed

“I have someone to see you.” she continued

“Who?” I asked

“Wait and see.” she said leaving the room. I hope it’s a fucking doctor, I want some answers. I waited. And waited. I looked at the clock to see only three minutes had passed. For fucks sake, it felt more like three hours.

The door opened to show a teary eyed Brian stood in the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, heres the deal, if you comment, I will update again, later tonight, and still update tommorow. =]