‹ Prequel: Alone With You

Fragile

Chapter Five.

*Zacky’s POV*

The two small boys lay in my arms, none of us saying a word, as I cried. It was strange, waking up doubting they are alive, to have them here in your arms. I felt the one that was clung to my left arm, Jordan, lift his head. I smiled down at him as his face broke out into a grin.

“Hi.” he whispered

“Hey.” I said back. I didn’t really know what to say, these are my kids that I have only just met, that don’t hate me or any shit like that, or they wouldn’t be here, on my lap, curled up. Jake was quiet, like he didn’t know what was going on.

I heard the door open and Brian walk back in, he hadn’t been away for long. I noticed three drinks in his hand, showing where he had been. He walked over and handed two to Jake and Jordan.

“I was gonna get you one, but I didn’t know if you could eat or drink.” he muttered sitting back down. I looked at him, his eyes were filled with guilt.

“When does Denim finish work?” I heard Jake ask.

“Four.” Brian replied.

“Who’s Denim?” I asked painfully.

He opened him mouth to speak then closed it again. His eyes avoided mine while Jordan sat up in my arms.

“My girlfriend.” Syn finally muttered. I felt my heart next to braking, as tears welled up in my eyes. I didn’t know what to do or say, I mean I know six years is a long time, but I never thought he would find anyone else. He promised that whatever happened he would be there for me. I didn’t want to cry in front of him, so I smiled slightly. I saw the look on Jordan’s face change.

“Daddy, can we stay here?” his little voice asked

“I think that Zack might want some rest, don’t you?” he replied

“No, they can stay if they want.” I said

“Really?” Brian asked

“I have six years of their life to catch up on.”

“Were you sleeping for six years?” Jake spoke up

“Sort of.” I chuckled

“Wow, I wanna sleep for six years, no school.” He said, his speech not quite perfect.

“Jake your only six, imagine what your gonna be like in ten years time.” Brian laughed. I smiled as a doctor walked in, I wanted answers.

“Hello Zachary, I am Doctor Khenel, I will be your main doctor for your remainder in this hospital. First off, I would like to say congrats on waking up, at one point we thought you weren’t going to make it. If it wasn’t for this guy that life support machine would have been turned off a long time ago.” he said putting a hand on Brian’s shoulder.

“Nice.” I said thinking about the fact that they didn’t want me.

“You will be in hospital for a week, then we think you will be able to go, as long as you have somewhere to go.”

“He can stay at mine.” Brian butted it. Mine. Not ours anymore.

“He will need permanent care.”

“I don’t care, he can stay at mine. End of.” he smiled. The doctor nodded and wrote some things on the board at the foot of my bed before leaving.

“What happened with Avenged?” I asked timidly

“We broke up.” Brian said sadly.

“Why?”

“It was a mixture of things, I think that ‘Broke up‘ is a bit strong, lets say, on hiatus. With the twins my time was pretty much took up. Jimmy didn’t like the fact I found somebody else. We did one show without you and it was so damn hard we swore not to do again.” he said. I looked at his eyes, they were slightly tearful.

“Anything else?”

“Erm, Jimmy and Leana broke up about four years ago. Matt asked Val to marry him, but they swore to hold everything off until you were awake. Johnny and Mayotte moved to New York, they got married about three and a half years ago in Vegas, one of those drunk things, now they have a two year old boy, called Harry and Johnny owns a chain of record stores. Erm nothing else really.” he said as if he was hiding something from me. Its like everybody had moved on and I was still on that day in may.

“Anything else?”

“Erm not really. Jake broke his arm about three months ago, he can tell you about that. Jimmy doesn’t really talk much anymore, he has grown up a lot, he doesn’t drink anymore. I got your face tattooed on my Butt about four months after you slipped. I was drunk.” he laughed, I couldn’t help but smile.

“Ew, daddy, that’s gross.” Jake laughed

“Oh yeah, there is some bad news, Ichabod passed away about eight months ago.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, check out my new joint story.

=]