‹ Prequel: Alone With You

Fragile

Chapter Seven.

I lay in the bed, as I had done all day, waiting for five o’clock to roll on. that’s what time Brian said that visiting hours opened, and he said he would be here then, with my three other best friends. It was now twenty to five. I had a test today, to see if I could walk, it turns out I could. The doctors said that it was strange, most people that go into comas wake up and they don’t remember anything, its like I just went to sleep for a night.

Nurses had been coming in and out all day to check on me, like I was some animal that was in quarantine. I was given the low down on everything that I needed to know. I went unconscious on the 27th may 2009, I slipped into a coma the same day, yesterday was the 16th August 2015, a lot of laws had changed, kids now have shorter summer vacation but all the others are longer, some old woman was president and technology hadn’t really blasted. I was expecting flying cars and I was in a hospital on the moon, but no, not much had changed.

I didn’t like my doctor much, he thinks that he is funny, making jokes like ‘The dodo has died out’ which I already know. He seriously makes it look a whole lot worse than it is. I also saw that Denim girl today. I would like to express the word girl. I bet she isn’t over 30. It was when I walked down to the shop with a nurse to get something to eat, she was there giving me the evil eye. I actually laughed when I left the shop. Stupid bitch. I got my stuff back as well, my jeans that I was wearing that night and the t-shirt that was still stained with blood. The final thing they gave me was my ring, it still looked pristine, like it had just been bought. It was resting in its place on my middle finger on my left hand, not finding it in my heart to put it away and not see it, or placing it on my ring finger.

The time slowly passed, five o’clock soon coming to a tick. I smiled to myself, knowing they were probably here half an hour ago, waiting to be let in. I don’t know why they couldn’t just let them in, it wasn’t as if I had anyone else in here with me. I heard footsteps coming up the corridor and I smiled to myself knowing whoever it was would be coming into this room, as this was the only room down the little hallway. I sat up a bit more and rested the pillow behind my back as I waited. The door swung open to reveal the four guys that I loved he most in the world.

“Look who’s finally back from the dead.” Jimmy said as he walked inside behind Brian.

“Hey guys.” I said as they all came over to envelop me in a hug. After our embrace, they all pulled away smiling.

“Dude, I just flew in from New York man, do you realise how much my throat hurts from yelling down the phone to get a ticket?” Johnny laughed

“So, like one of your best friends has just woken up and your complaining about your throat?” Matt asked as he sat down

“You make it sound like he took a nap.” Jimmy spoke

“It feels like I just took a nap.” I muttered

“Oh yeah, my mom is dropping Jordan off in a bit, Jake has to stay behind at school, he’s in the play.” Brian said. I nodded and got back to the conversation being held beside me.

“Dude look at my hand.” Jimmy said holding the palm of his hand in front of my face. There was my name written and a tally chart of six lines underneath it.

“Whats that supposed to be?” I asked

“It was counting every year you was down.” he laughed

“Did your tattooist really do that, its hardly creative.”

“Yeah, well I paid him a tone, and now I go back every year, so now I don’t have to do it anymore.” he smiled

“I heard you and Leana broke up.” I said

“Yeah, but we are still friends and everything, just don’t date.” he said sadly. It was strange, like they were acting like nothing had happened, well that may be a blessing in the long run.

“And I hear you have some news.” I exclaimed looking at Johnny

“What about?” he laughed

“Your like the big daddy now, living it large in NY, your married, because of me I would like to add, and your becoming the next Richard Branson.” I laughed

“I own six shops, I don’t own my own island, and yes, I am married and I have a son, Harry.” he laughed

“I know, and your still short.” I laughed

“Dude what’s it like to be asleep for over six years?” Johnny asked, changing the subject to something other than his height

“Well its not really sleep, its like you’re their with your eyes closed and cant move. Its hard to explain.” I said to him

“We should so reform Avenged Sevenfold.” Matt laughed

“We were going to do that anyway.” Brian said. I heard the door swing open and I looked up to see Jordan walk in with what looked like a back pack and a sleeping bag.

“Hey little guy.” Jimmy said as he walked over to us. He rubbed his eyes and climbed onto the end of the bed, putting his stuff next to him.

“Oh yeah, last night he kept on begging me to stay over here tonight, because it’s a Friday, and I sorta said yeah.” Brian said rubbing the back of his neck.

“That’s okay, it would be great.” I smiled. I liked that Jordan wanted to sleep over here, its like having friends that you’ve never met.

I smiled and continued the random conversations that were going on around me. My life was getting there, I may not have everything that I hoped for, but I was alive and by the sounds of things the chances of me being here now were very slim.
♠ ♠ ♠
MAJOR LAWLZZZZ!
Denim is round my house now, and I just checked the last bunch of comments, and she was just like

"I love how they all hate me"

and we were laughing for ages, and now we have created huge ideas for this story, we will leave it to you to think about.

Denim and I give deds to 'crossxmyxheart_x' because your comment has changed the whole idea for the story, as everyone seems to agree with it, its changed it in a good way!

=]
=]
=]