It all started off as a dare

Chapter one

It all started off as a dare. A stupid dare.
It all started on the 5th September last year, at Stacey’s 15th birthday party. We were all kinda bored, so we decided to start playing a game of dares; it was called seven minutes in heaven. The game worked by spinning a bottle twice and whoever it lands on had to go behind the curtain and do something, anything, for seven minutes. Of course, we had to have a bottle to start a game, and there was only one way to get one of those...
“They’ll never notice,” Stacey tells us “They drink vodka by the gallon anyway!” Then she creeps out the door with a ‘wish-me-good-luck’ smile and goes off to raid the cupboard for spirits. I always thought that her Dad drank too much. I never got involved, because it’s none of business truthfully, but all I know is that Stacey’s parents argue about it a lot. You notice these things when she comes into school one day with red-rimmed eyes from crying all night. My thoughts are soon drowned though, when she returns holding a bottle of vodka. Then soon I’m drowned from the vodka, feeling more confident in myself and slightly dizzy. Everyone else seems to be feeling it too, by the time that the bottle is drained from every last drop. “Right,” Stacey announces “Now we can start...”
The bottle lands on Sam first, then Stacey. They go off to do ‘something’; which nobody knows quite what, and return looking rather hot and flustered. “Good time eh?” Chris asks playfully, and they both look rather smug and giggle. We spin the bottle again, and, SHOCK HORROR, it lands on ME. I’m really too drunk by this time, to actually care who I get paired up with, but it turns out to be Chris. I’m not too bothered by this, and walk confidently to the bed, which over hangs a ‘curtain’ that we have to do ‘something’ behind. When we get in, it’s dark and I let out a nervous giggle, soon followed by Chris, who is equally as anxious as I am.
“So what are we going to do for seven minutes then?” I ask, while laughing gently.
“Well, what’s expected, I s’pose...” And I let out one last snigger before reaching for him and jumping into a kiss. It feels really odd at first, because I don’t fancy Chris at all, but after a while I just go through the motions, like it’s perfectly usual that I do this. After about a minute, we break off and giggle again.
“It’s so odd!” I express, still laughing
“Just pretend,” he explains “Think that it’s not me, not you”
I take his advice for a while, but then I couldn’t really care less. I even liked it once I got into it. Soon the time went by and the others were shouting at us to stop. The makeshift curtain was drawn and the bright light of Stacey’s bedroom filled our eyes, making us blink fiercely in shock.
“Come on, out you guys!” Stacey demands “Don’t want it to get too heated, do we?” She laughs as we blush and sit down, ready for the bottle to be spun again....
It’s Adam, this time, then me. I am the same bundle of nerves as I was last time and I am giggling like mad when I get in. But Adam is different, he doesn’t laugh with me. Instead he puts a finger to my lips and kisses me lightly. Things to get a tiny bit heated after a while, but it feels so very different to kissing Chris, it feels so much more... tender, so much more romantic. It doesn’t feel like a dare, it feels like kissing should feel... electrifying, passionate, but at the same time gentle and soft. It goes so much more swiftly than the time with Chris did and before I know it, it’s time to go.
I don’t do much more kissing after that, just drinking and thinking about that kiss with Adam. The bottle does land on me a few times more, but I am too busy thinking about Adam to take any notice of those kisses. They do not mean anything, and it seemed the kiss with Adam did.
The time of the party goes quickly and soon everybody is totally and utterly pissed on vodka. Then Stacey suddenly comes up with this great idea that we should go round in a circle, snogging everyone in turn. Normally, I wouldn’t agree but I am so very blind-drunk by this time that I couldn’t give a damn who I made out with. Of course, there are people who I enjoy snogging more than others; i.e. Adam, and later when everyone is drifting off to sleep, Adam and I stay up, talking, flirting, drinking. It feels so intimate when everybody is asleep and we start kissing again, and this time it is so much more passionate than the last, because there are no prying eyes, nobody to peek at us through the bit of cloth that we called a ‘curtain’, we are fully alone at last.
The time speeds on by and we subconsciously undress each other and pull the ‘curtain’ closed. I check for any peepers, but everyone is fast asleep. As I draw my head back inside, I feel a surge of happiness, lust, even something that feels like love towards Adam, and this moment, I feel so special, so committed, that I go ahead and spoil my life.....