It all started off as a dare

Chapter Two

I don’t even realise the next morning what I’ve done. I wake up to the morning light and as I try to raise my head, I am suddenly pushed fiercely back to my pillow by an intense agony in my temples. So this is a hangover I think to myself and then Stacey sees me
“So, she’s awake everybody, finally! We’ve just gotta wait for Adam to wake up now! Why so late, Jax? Were you and Adam up late doing something last night??”
And it’s then that the whole evening comes rushing back to me; Oh dear God, what have I done? I think to myself as I cast around the room for evidence of sex. Are there any condom wrappers lying around? No. I suddenly forget about my head-splitting agony and get up to look in the bin for any more evidence of what actually happened last night. There’s nothing sex-related in the bin, I breathe out a sigh of relief. But with that comes my hangover head ache again.
“Bloody hell, that’ll teach my never to drink again” I moan, holding my head
Stacey laughs, but then seems to regret it
“I agree, Jacqui. I ain’t picking up another glass of vodka again. I don’t even want to look at the bloody stuff again. You look green” She says to me, pointing at my face and expression
I feel green. But before I can tell Stacey I am forced to rush to the bathroom and throw up. Eugh. I am violently sick and I feel like death warmed up. I know if I go back to bed it’ll be worse though, so with great difficulty I force myself to eat some breakfast and then Stacey hands me a cup of coffee.
“Here, you need it” she tells me sternly and I obediently gulp it down. It’s strong, but the hit is nothing like the vodka last night.
“So,” Stacey continues, taking a seat “Did you enjoy yourself last night?”
I nod, sipping the coffee, then I put the cup down and say: “Hell yeah. Even if it was a bit weird”
“What do you mean?” Stacey asks
“Well,” I explain “It’s a bit weird kissing your best friends, you know. Especially when they’re a girl!”
“Oh yeah!” She giggles “You were a good kisser though”
I blush as she says this “What?” She continues “You were! Adam seems to agree with me”
We both gently giggle as it hurts too much to laugh long and hard. Speak of the devil, Adam suddenly turns up, cradling his head in pain
“Hangover?” Stacey teases “Don’t worry, we’re all suffering”
But Adam’s eyes are fixated only on me. I look away, embarrassed about last night, although I’m pretty sure that nothing happened. Just a few kisses, that’s all. On this note, I turn to face him.
“Coffee?” I ask