It all started off as a dare

Chapter Eight

I was so shaken by the start of my morning sickness that I didn't even think about what I was doing. Before I knew it, I had scribbled a note to mum and run away to go and see Stacey.

On the train, I didn't even think about how much Mum would worry, I just missed Stacey so much, and I was bored with my awful life. I thought over what happened in these past months; I had been tricked into selling my virginity to my gay best friend, for an 'experiment', fallen pregnant, then been totally disregarded by the father of my child. Then, very shortly after all this had happened, my best friend had run away with her mother to Basingstoke, and I had not heard from her for months, until today, of course, and now I was literally worrying my mother sick at this second. Of course, looking back on this now, I actually realize all the pain I put her through, but right then, I couldn't have cared less.
Before I knew it, the stop for Basingstoke had arrived and I was amongst a thousand people trying to scramble out of a packed train onto the open road, leaving all the ones left inside on their journey to London. The cool air hit me, and suddenly I realized I didn't have a clue where to go. Luckily, there was a map, which showed me roughly where to go. With the help from a few strangers, I finally found myself on the doorstep to the hostel, and, with my fist shaking, I knocked on the large door to the house that held my best friend.

A small, blonde woman answered the door
"Hello my love, How can I help you?"
I took a breath and answered, "Umm, yes. I've come to visit Stacey.. Stacey Godshore..?"
"She took off today, lovey, but please do come in," The lady invited me inside with a wave of her hand
"It's just," The lady continued "I need you to ring her first at her new home, just to make sure you do know her, and that they know you," The woman paused "Yes, are you from their old home?" She asked me inquisitively
I nodded and she handed me the phone, number already dialled
"Hello...Jax?"