Show Me the Way and I'll Give You a Chance

How It Started

Tears cascaded down my face as I walked down the streets of Miami, tugging a big suitcase with one guitar strapped to my back and the other in my hand. It was a two o'clock in the morning, not a good time for a girl to be walking around alone, but yet I was. Not like I had a choice. I had no home to go to. No more boyfriend house to crash at, hell I don't even have friends to turn too, not even relatives. Everyone abandon me.

Why did everyone abandon me?

Because of stupid lies and deceit, that's why! I had gotten thrown out of my parents house because I came home drunk off my ass. I was drunk off my ass because my boyfriend of two years cheated on me with most of my so called friends! The ones who didn't sleep with him knew that he had been cheating and neglected to fill me in. Though being drunk wasn't the only reason my parents threw me out, being drunk was just the last straw that they could take.

Apparently I'm an embarrassment to the whole family. A mistake since conceived my mother always said. She was never happy with anything I did. Didn't like the fact I played guitar or drums. Didn't like that I chose to skateboard instead of cheer-lead. Didn't like the fact that I'd choose dark colors over pink. Didn't liked how I dressed, did my make up, or dyed my hair. Most of all she didn't like the music I listened to or the people I hung out with. Which come to think about it, she was probably right about not liking the people I hung out with. First thing I wish I ever listened to her on. My dad was abusive, not to my mother, but to me. He blamed me for having to drop out of school and take a third rate job. Hell he should have blamed my mother for not keeping her damn legs closed. Though that's besides the point.

When I went home drunk two nights ago my dad was up and ready for a smackdown. As soon as I walked through the door I was knocked down. My mother sat and watched as he beat me, hate for me written all over her face. That's what drove me to the edge. I fought back. I may be standing at 5'3 but can hold my own. After I fought off my dad I ran up the stairs and locked myself in my room, pulling out a suitcase and shoving all the clothes I had into it. I didn't have many. My mother refused to buy me clothes that I wanted, if she were to buy me close it would be what she wanted me to wear. After stuffing the suitcase I had I grabbed my only two guitars. The two favorite things my parents bought me for Christmas, the only two things they ever really bought me for Christmas. I opened my bedroom window and threw the suitcase out. I made sure to throw my ID, passport, the little money, and everything I could possibly need into my suitcase. I placed my guitars outside the window on the roof before proceeding to hop out myself. Grabbing my stuff I made my way off the roof. As I ran across the lawn my mom and dad came running out the front door. Yelling and screaming for me to never come back.

I didn't plan too.

That's how I ended up here, a complete basket-case.

It was chilly outside tonight, the wind making goosebumps appear on my skin. It didn't help that I had tears spilling out of my eyes. I kept walking though, hoping to find a safe place to sit. I don't know how many times guys have drove by and tried to pick me up, like I was some cheep hooker or something. Don't see why they wanted to pick me up though. I know I had to look like shit. Mascara running, hair out of whack, bruises on my face, and a busted lip. My dad gave it to me pretty hard. During the day I had put on sunglasses that covered half my face so no one would see.

Once I found a good place to sit, which was close to some bar, I took out my acoustic guitar. Playing always eased me out, though these past few days it hadn't been helping all to well, but I was going to try again anyways. I decided to play a song that I wrote on the park bench the day before.

"I don't think that I'm gonna make it,
and I don't think I can this.
On the inside of me,
On the side you can not see me.
How do you want me to be?
Be open and easy enough to please you.
I can't please you,
And I don't know if I ever wanted too.
I see myself torn apart,
but hadn't I always been like that
From the start.
I never meant to hurt you!
But you'll never know, what I go through.
What I go through, just to be myself!
Not somebody else!
Just to satisfy your needs,
what you think of me!
Can't you see,
Can't you see me!
See me..." I sang as the tears poured down my face. I wrote it about my parents and how sorry I was not being able to be what they wanted.

"That was wonderful" A voiced sounded from my right. Startled I jumped, whipping around to face a pretty blond. I wish I hadn't have faced her cause once I did she gasped. Great... now I know for sure that I look like shit.

"What happened?" She asked rushing to my side. I looked away, embarrassed.

"Just got in a little fight" I whispered, refusing to look at her.

"Little fight? Honey you look like you got mauled my a bear!" She exclaimed. Yep, definitely look like shit.

"Thanks" I mumbled out sarcastically.

"Sorry I didn't mean it like that... um... let me start over. Hi I'm Valary, but my friends call me Val." She said sticking out her hand. I looked at it like it was foreign, but hesitantly took it anyways.

"Harlene, but please call me Harley" I introduced.

"It's nice to meet you, you sung and played beautifully by the way." She complemented.

"Thank you" I replied genuinely. She smile brightly, glad that I decided to talk.

"It's no problem. So can I ask why a pretty girl like you is sitting alone outside at two thirty in the morning?" She questioned. I sighed placing my head in my hands.

"I'm homeless" I answered shortly.

"Oh... sorry" She said.

"Don't be, it's not your fault I have a sucky life" I stated placing my guitar back into it's case, before folding up my knees resting my chin on them.

"I'm sorry for being so nosey but how old are you?" She asked. Why does she keep asking me all these questions. She's just going to get up and leave and forget all about me.

"Fifteen" I told her.

"What about your parents?" She continued.

"They basically threw me out, now if you don't mind I'd rather not talk about my crappy life anymore." I said as my water works started back up again. I buried my face into my knees and wept. Valary pulled me into a sideways hug and rested her chin on top of my head, causing me to tense breifly before I realized I didn't care anymore. I'm hungry, cold, depressed, and in desprate need of a shower. Valery kept repeating comforting words, but it wasn't helping. Suddenly she pulled away.

"Please don't go anywhere, I'll be back in a flash!" She told me, I paid her no attention and just kept balling my head off.

Val's Point of View

After I left Harley, I quickly ran back into the bar. I couldn't bare to see a homeless fifteen year old. She seemed to be a sweet girl and I didn't understand how her parents could just throw her out.

"Matt!" I said coming to a halt at the table where all the guys of A7X and Leanna sat. The rest of the girls had their jobs to tend to and couldn't finish off the rest of the tour with us. We didn't have much left to do on this tour before we started up a new one with Black Tide.

"Val, where have you been?" Leanna asked.

"Never mind that, Matt I'm bringing someone back to the hotel with us." I told him.

"What?!? Are you cheating?" He asked with a bewildered expression. I shook my head vigorously, understanding what that might have sounded like.

"No, she's a fifteen year old girl and she's homeless. I'm taking her with us tonight and, if she wants, the rest of the tour. Then from there we'll see what happens." I stated.

"Val you can't just take some teen aged girl off the street! Her parents would call the cops for kidnapping! Besides, you know nothing about her." Brian said.

"I know enough to understand that she needs help! He parents wouldn't call the cops because their asses would be d-faxed for throwing her out! Now she is coming whether or not you guys like it!" I replied before turning on heel and walking out.

"Wait for me!" Leanna yelled prancing after me to meet the new addition of the Avenged family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't write the song in this story. It's by Strait Line Stitch and I think its called The inside of deprivation or something. The story is taking place in 2007. Here is some pictures of the Characters.

Name:Harlene Rose Bathurst, goes by Harley.

Birth-date: October 25, 1991.

Birthplace: Miami, Florida

Zacky Vengence and Gena Paulhus

Matt Sanders and Valary Dibenedetto

Brian Haner and Michelle Dibenedetto

Jimmy Sullivan and Leanna

Johnny Stweart and Lacey Franklin


Gabriel Garcia


Black Tide
I love Gabe's hair oh so much, I got to play with it at their last concert in ATL, if you want to know about it message me later and I'll tell you everything from Zak trying to pick up a groupie to me playin with Gabes hair. But anywayz, I was to lazy to go get a picture with Austin in it, so I'll be sure to do so later.