Show Me the Way and I'll Give You a Chance

Realization

I watched as he strummed ferociously at the strings of his guitar. I listened as he parted his lips to sing the next verse of the song. I smiled when the pale green eyes of Gabriel's met mine. At the moment I was standing with Val and watching Black Tide do their soundcheck. I loved their style and Gabe's playing really reminded me of Dave Mustaine. It had been about three weeks since we formally introduced ourselves and we have been inseparable since. He had become my best friend. I felt comfortable around him and I could tell him everything. He knew about my parents, what had happened, how I ended up with Avenged Sevenfold, and everything else. He told me about his family, how he got into playing, and all that jazz. We knew each other like the back of our own hand.

"Does it sound good to you Harley?" Gabriel asked, looking down at me. I was standing in the pit that in an hour or so will be filled with screaming fans. I smiled up at him and gave him two thumbs up.

"Yep," I replied in approval.

"Well your free to go, be back here at 7:30 for show time." The sound technician told them. The guys sighed in relief before walking off stage to place their gear in the proper place.

"You know, its okay to admit you like him because I honestly think he likes you too." Val told me, walking off before I could even reply. She's been trying to get me to admit I like him for three weeks now. The thing is I wasn't sure if I did or not. I was still hurt from what my ex did, at least I think I was still hurting. Apart of me thinks I didn't really love my ex. I think I just made myself believe I did because that was the only affection I have ever known at all. Then Val walks in with guys and girls, and showed me the true meaning of love and caring. So maybe I did like Gabriel... I don't know... I'm just confused.

"Harley? Hello?" Gabriel called waving his hands around my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes.. sorry, what?" I asked slightly confused as to what was happening at the current moment.

"There you are! I thought I lost you for a moment," He joked, I rolled my eyes and playfully nudged him.

"Sorry, I was just spacing out." I told him before turning around and walking away, knowing he was following closely. "Whatchya wanna do today?" I asked, swinging my hands and clapping them together as walked.

"We can skate out by the buses if you want." He suggested as we walked out of the venue building.

"Sounds like a plan." I agreed. We grabbed our boards and started to goof off for an hour or so.

"Isn't your birthday in like this weekend?" Gabe asked. We had sat down on our boards and leaned against the building.

"Yeah... This year is going to be the best birthday ever!" I said.

"Why is that?" Gabe questioned. I looked over at him with a big smile.

"Because, I'll actually get to spend it with people who love me and the people that I love in return." I told him.

"I better be one of those people that you love!" Gabriel said. I playfully pushed him.

"Psh... you wish." I joked and laughed at the look on his face. "I'm kidding, your at the top of the list,"

"Damn straight!" He smiled at me and in that moment I felt truly happy.

A few hours later I was standing behind the Avenged Sevenfold Merch booth doing my job. If there was one thing I learned working the merch booth, was that Avenged Sevenfold fans were absolutely crazy. The good crazy not the bad.

"Crazy night?" Gabriel asked coming behind the counter. Black Tide had already played and he and the guys were just walking around signing autographs and taking pictures with fans.

"Yeah, but it'll slow down as soon as Avenged goes on stage." I smiled, handing a fan his shirt he bought.

"Here let me help you," Gabe offered and started to help me sell shirts. I smiled over at him and that's when I realized, that I did like him. I liked him a lot. I froze in mid action as I came to this realization. Was I finally admitting it to myself? I like him, I like Gabriel... Wait until I tell Val.

"Miss? My shirt?" Someone called waving money in my face. Second time today that something is getting waved in my face. I need to stop thinking so much.

"Yes, sorry, here you go." I handed him his shirt. I smiled to myself, happy that I was able to admit that I was crushing on Gabriel.

"Hey, can I please get a picture with you?" Someone asked. My attention snapped over to a pretty girl who was talking to Gabriel.

"Yeah, sure." He replied. I watched as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and I watched as she gripped around his torso.

"Will you take our picture?" She asked me. Quietly I nodded my head and took the camera from her hand and took the picture. "Thanks, so I think your super talented and I love your music." I listened in to their conversation and thats when I realized that Val was wrong. Gabriel didn't like me, why would he? He could have any girl, they were throwing themselves at him. He could have his pick of any girl he wanted. Why would he ever chose me? I only wish I had realized this first before I realized I actually liked him. Shaking my head I focused on selling the merch, trying to ignore the slight pain in my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I know it's been awhile and I know this chapter is short and I'm sorry! I am already working on the next chapter and I promise it won't take a year or more this time for me to post it lol! But this one is for Gabriel Garcia. cause she commented and told me to please update this story... which I did! See if I get a little bit of motivation I usually will update. I just thought no one was really taking interest in this story so I just stopped updating. Well if you have any Ideas for this story I would love to hear it!!! Cause I need some ideas. but if you have any comments, ideas, concerns, or whatever I want to hear whats on your mind about this story so let me know! But I am working on the next one so stay tuned!