Under Darkness

Nightmare

I was walking, everything was dark around me. Shadows erupted from the ground following me as I walked down a huge road, giant lifeless trees loomed all around me. I wandered, nothing. Nothing at all. Quiet. Darkness.

It was so cold, I felt frost bite lurking up on me. I was cold and numb and so lonely. I heard voices. Calling me - I was a guy. I was Jacob. I was walking in his nightmare. A person was following me. I could feel their presence but every time I tried to read there mind my mind would go numb and i would forget. I was scared - scared of the person following me. I could feel it.

All at once, a being appeared in front of me. I jumped back, afraid. A girl, my age, 16, stood there, her eyes a bright red color, blood pouring out of an open chest wound. Silver blood.

Her eyes were haunted and unseeing. "Run. RUN"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jerked awake, breathing hard. I was in bed. I looked around at the empty room I was in while my breathing subsided.

I forgot the nightmare in giant chunks. At last I only remembered her haunted eyes, and the unseeing look.

I threw my blankets off me and ran out into the hall. I searched for people. There was nothing. I couldn't hear anyone! I began to panic, my breathing becoming heavy and irregular. They were gone.

All of a sudden I heard a faint breathing. Behind me.

I turned around shoving hard. There was nothing there. Again I jerked around. The same girl stood there - and the scene changed. We were standing in a meadow, black charred roses surrounded us. "Run. RUN."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I thought I was dreaming when I woke up. Everything was the same, the room, the same musty smell. But I could hear them. I forgot everything - the whole dream almost instantly.

I felt many presences nearby. I searched their thoughts quickly. The humans didn't know I was doing this - they couldn't tell.

I caught snippets of what they were saying, but nothing of real importance. I stopped when I came to a familiar voice. Jacobs. He was with someone else. A got a strange feeling, like ice was freezing itself across my body, and then I couldn't feel him anymore.

I got up, putting cloths on. From there I walked out in the hall calmly, walking in the direction that I had heard his voice. I searched for him again, but he was gone. Frustrated, I used my own ears. My hearing was amazing sense I was a nightwalker, but it was like loosing one of my most important senses when i couldn't use it. It frightened me.

"JACOB!" I jerked my head. A girls voice shrieked his name again. I ran.

It was only two doors down, the door shut. I could already tell it was locked so I broke the door down.

I stopped breathing.

Jacob was on top of another girl, riding her. Another girl was looking at me, here eyes open but unseeing. Dead.

He suddenly turned his head, shock written all over it.

"Ohmygod." I whispered, breathless. I felt water, and reached up to my face. I was crying. My hand shook as i brought it back down. I whirled around and sprinted out of the room.

Tears blinded me. I heard Jacob yell my name. I didn't stop. Why?

WHY?

An image popped into my mind. The same girl, the same silvery blood. The image changed, everything was the same but now it was me. Me laying in my own blood. "Run.RUN."
♠ ♠ ♠
=] 3 more comments for the next chapter. =]