Under Darkness

Loveless Misery

No matter how fast I ran, no matter how much I tried to make myself believe otherwise, the horrifieing fact was that he didn't love me.

Those words scared me more than you would ever know.

I whirled past people, almost tripping too many times to count. I heard Jacob behind me, gaining. I tried to outrun him, I couldn't bear to look at him, horrified at what I might do.

"Bridget! BRIDGET!"

I let the words hang in the air, only the sound of my footsteps on the pavement kept me going. I was outside now, a cold piercing wind bit at my skin. I was hardely breathing. I had to get away. The pain in my chest hurt too much. I wanted to die. It began to rain.

He was behind me. I hardley felt him grab me by my shoulder and turn me around. I was numb. Tears streamed down my face. I could see myself in his mind. A haunted look in my eyes, tears staining my skin, my mascara streaking down my face. The rain poured down on us hard. My hair was molded against my face, wet.

I waited for him to say something. Nothing. "Why?" I could hardley believe I had even said anything.

No response - guilt. "WHY?" I said, jutting my lip out, biting my tongue to keep me from crying in sobs.

"I love you."

I smacked him across the face leaving a bright trail. "Dont you dare. Dont youdare. You never loved me, you only loved my blood. You nearly kill me, and then you have the guts to say youlove me?." My voice was laced with acid. I was a time bomb waiting to go off. He sat there, his hand still gripping into my shoulder. His face was expresionless.

I didn't want to see what he was thinking. I was too afraid.

"I hate you." I balled my fists and ripped myself from him I turned around and walked away from him, into the rainy night.

Jacob didn't move at all. "You'll regret this. You'll come crawling back to me."

I felt myself cry more, just hearing his voice sent a wave of pain through me. I clutched my chest trying to fit the pieces of my heart back together. Nothing would heal me, not even time. And forever is a lot of time to hurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?