Under Darkness

Apartment

I was on a hill, black roses surrounded me. The sky was to close the ground here, in this place. The moon covered most of the sky, huge twinkling stars surrounding it. Everything was covered in a light-blue glow. A light frost covered everything. This place wasn't of this dimension, I already knew. I was asleep, most likely, and he was taking over my dreams.

A fog quickly rolled in, covering everything up to my knees, making me unable to see anything. I searched quickly, finding who I knew I would find instantly. Everything I had been trying to hide from myself, all those memory's, and thoughts, they came now. In a huge wave all these things came, and I almost cried. The ache in my chest hit me painfully. My knees buckled, and I almost fell.

He was in front of me, his hair was uncombed, cloths in disarray. I had been away from him for less than a week. Jacob's eyes were cold, but for once, filled with something I couldn't place. Maybe this was the first time I had seen emotion in his eyes because for once I wasn't ignoring it.

He came forward, and I tried to back away but I found I was frozen in place.
"Why?" His voice was icy.
I couldn't respond, for fear I would cry.
He didn't respond, he was now in front of me. He leaned down, as if to kiss me. He hesitated though, his eyes searching mine. Jacobs cool breath hit mine. And i found I wasn't afraid. I searched his thoughts.

His thoughts were a mess, and I only caught phrases of what he was saying. His mind mostly revolved around my blood, remembering the smell, the taste and the scent of it. But mostly I felt his pain of how much he wanted to take my blood, because I was right here in front of him. And he knew he couldn't. This was only a dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I woke up with a start, trying to forget the vivid dream. I wiped away the sweat that had formed on my forehead and got up from my bed. I pulled back the curtains, sunlight swallowing the room. I tried to forget everything, it was a ruitine now, every morning, trying to forget. Just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes. I bit them back angrily.

Today is the day.. I thought hesitantly. You have to. Its the only way! I told myself firmly.

I sat myself down on a bench in front of the mirror. My thoughts swayed for a moment thinking back on how I had gotten this apartment. It hadn't been hard, I had to work for the restaurant across the street, and I knew I would only be here a couple days. Now, today was the day I would be getting on a plane and traveling to the boarding school I had gotten a scholarship for. That had been the easy part.

Jacob was searching for me, that i already knew. I had been living with Jacob in a city, called Ravenhold. This city is protected by our kind, hidden from normal mortals. Except for the ones we bred to keep as our servants. No devices of technology where allowed here, for fear that it would be a greater risk for our city being found out.

I had left there and hitch-hiked for a day once out of the city. But I knew he would be searching, even now. I had to change.

The nightwalkers have the ability to change their appearance into something new. That was what I was about to do now. I'd been thinking that Jacob would be looking for someone that is very low on the food chain - so to speak. Someone unnoticeable. So I decided to turn it around. I was going to make myself way noticeable, in hopes he wouldn't pay any attention to me.

I focused again on myself. I had never tried this before, always saying that my beauty was something that came from natural looks. My natural dull brown hair sat on my back. It was thin, and frail looking. I didn't really know how to go about it, having only read about this in books.

I watched myself carefully, focusing on the minor details that were ugly. The small groove beneath my cheek bones. My eye color. I began to weave an intricate spell around myself. Everything that I did I weaved into the magic web. I pulled at its edged mentally, arranging everything how I wanted it.

I didn't know how long I sat there, staring in the mirror. I laced the last thin flexible layers to the web carefully, and mentally pressed the sign of the nightwalkers against the web. A light spread through-out the room, only the nightwalkers would see this, and I was blind for a moment, only seeing a yellow light.

The light disappeared, and I looked in the mirror. I gasped, looking at myself with excitement. I had never even thought about changing myself, or my looks, but now I wished I had done it a long time ago. I felt kind of guilty though, seeing as I cheated into getting my looks. But then again, this was kind of like the surgery that the mortals went through to get their looks changed.

I had high cheekbones and eyebrows. My skin was a beautiful tan color and I had an interestingly natural brown hair color with red and and other colored high-lights that brought out my blueish gray eyes. Full lips, normal sized nose, and a radiant smile. I was drop-dead- gorgeous. I smiled, and it seemed to light up the whole room.

I walked out of the small empty apartment and walked down the stairs. I felt eyes turn and stare at me. Jealousy radiated from girls and guys were practically drooling. I had them all wrapped around my finger.I had left my suitcases by the door, and searched for them in the lobby. They weren't there. I dropped the key off at the Managers desk, his eyes trailing up and down my slim body.

"Excuse me!?" His eyes whipped back to my face. "My bags are gone." I said acidly. He looked towards were I pointed.

What do you want me to do about it? SO hott... I want her in my bed.. I stopped searching his thoughts.
"I'm sorry, miss..." He said, as if I would tell him my name. I raised an eyebrow. I wouldn't tell this perv anything! He furrowed his eyebrows, frustrated. "Maybe you misplaced them. We have a 0 tolerance policy. When you signed to have your room, you agreed that you would be responsible for all your items." He paused his eyes lingering on my breasts. "We can't do anything."

"Maybe if your eyes weren't down on my breasts you would have seen that i could care less anymore." I replied angrily. I stormed out of the Hotel / apartment complex, all the faces still turned.

I had no money, no food, no cloths except for the ones I was wearing. I was wearing high-heals, planning to ride in a taxi to the airport. I was lucky that i had pre-paid for the taxi. I could run, but people would see me. The taxi pulled up and i got in.

There was an eerie silence. The driver began to leave the hotel and drive towards the airport.
No hello, no nothing. Just an exchange of who i was, to make sure i was the one he was supposed to pick up. We finally pulled up to the airport. I got out and said a quick thank you to him. He nodded his head and drove away.

The huge airport had a bunch of people. I didn't have any luggage anymore so there was no need to go drop it off. I hurried along the lines of people. I went through the metal detector when it was my turn. I showed them my fake-id and they let me pass. "Jessa Ebony?" I nodded, smiling. They waved me through the lines. I felt people staring at me. I felt a little self-concious. It was like i had no face and was growing eight arms.

I was going on a private plane, brought here specifically for the ones going to the boarding school.

Obviously the school took great pride in its ranks as the richest school in the states. Even if it was only for immortals.

I got on the plane, taking a seat in first class. Apparently people traveled a long ways to come to this specific airport because there was only a few air plains that traveled to this boarding school. West High Boarding School.

I looked around me nervously. Only guys were on the plain. What the crap? I ignored it, looking out the window.

"Can I sit by you?" A voice murmured. I nodded. I felt my brain begin to hurt like heck, someone was listening to my thoughts. I stood straight up, pissed off, glaring at all of the men on the plane. It stopped.

I sat back down. "Rude-asses." I muttered angirly. He laughed. I glared over at him.

"My names Danni." He said with a smile. I didn't return it.

"Bridget."

"We'll be leaving now, please buckel your seat belts." An inside joke, none of the immortals did.

"Might I ask why you are on this plane?" He said again, trying to start up conversation.

"What does it look like, I'm going to the friggen school like anyone else." I was probably being a little rude, but i was already grumpy because someone stole all my stuff.

"But you're a girl."
"No shit sherlock."
"Going to an all boys boarding school for immortals." I gaped at him.

"Let me off this plane." The plane was swiveling out of the station, already i felt the buck of the plane lifting off the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
LONG POST =] comments?????? Plz i will love you forever.. hehe.