Under Darkness

The illusionist

I searched Danni's mind, suspicion and guilt clouded his thoughts. She's really -HEY!! He was angry now, glaring at me like i was gonna eat him alive. Only immortals like me could feel the presence of another int heir minds.
"Stop this little game, illusionist." I breathed easily. He was testing me.. The illusions half the guys in the room disintegrated and were replaced by girls. All the girls had all used their skill and changed their appearance. Good, i was gonna blend in just fine. They were all super-model looking and gorgeous, just like me. I prick of jealousy hit me. I waved it off and turned back to Danni.
"Why did you do that?" I said slowly.
He raised his hands up "Just seeing if you were really one of us." He muttered. Liar.
I could have read his mind again, but he seemed like a lost cause, so i hunkered down into the soft seat and closed my eyes.

A few moments later i felt a poke on my shoulder. I opened one eye and glared and Danni. "Leave my alone Sherlock." He shrugged and took a drink from the soda can he held in his hand. The smell of pineapple wafted over to me. Ew.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

looked out the window and watched the world go by, and only in the time span of seconds. Our flight plan was to West High Boarding school in the middle of nowhere. We were close to landing, and Gosh knows we need it. We had already taken 2 flights, one from Florida to Denver. The next to La's Vegas. And of coarse we did a little partying in the meantime. Danni had taken a personal liking to me, and I to him, so we stuck together. And that leads us to where we are now. On a plane in the middle of nowhere.
I rested my feet on the passenger seat in front of me, careful not to let them hang. I turned to Danni, who was wide awake. That is: Too awake. His eyes seemed to be wide open, and they where red, from stress. Our row was only 2 people, luckily. Well i sure didn't want some fat dude who smells like fast food 'sittin at my row, I'm not sure about you though. I patted his hand. "We'll be there soon. Don't worry about it... Just kick back and relax.. Its only like 1 hour more." I told him half closing my eyes. Danni's left eye twitched. I felt him about to scream. "Danni!" I almost screamed. I saw people glaring at me. I gave them a little smile, or grin. Then i continued with him. "OK!" I said. "What are you gonna do when we get to our boarding school?" I asked her.
"Get out of the plane." was all he could manage.
"No no no... I mean what are we gonna do first?! Sight seeing? Go to the beach..." I named off a list of things we could do. Then Danni started jabbering on about how he loved dogs. WHO KNOWS. Well. i sure didn't. I found myself going to sleep, my head slouched over onto the hand rest. I don't think Danni noticed though, because i could still hear him. Except he was talking about something like 'Hair removal tools! The best!' Or was i just hearing things? Anyways. Back to the story.

I woke to the hard ache of someone pinching me. "OUCH!" I grumbled.
"Bridget. you where snoring!" He whispered. "And that wasn't all." He told me, then began to grin like a mad man.
"WHAT??!" I screamed, then with a whisper i asked him. "I didn't... er... Fa..." the 'Fa' came out a long sound like this 'Faaouuuaaaa'. "F-fart." I finally said. He just stared at me with large dumb eyes. Then well. He burst out laughing. Yes. Like a hyena. I gave an evil glare to him.
"N-No!!" He told me between fits of giggles. "Just a little drooling sensation!" He cracked up again. I grumbled and gave him a glare, then i slouched back over. I pulled a cap out of my bag, and pulled it over my loose light-brown hair. I pulled the rim down, then fell asleep.

Now i awake to the large bump, and a pain in the neck. Yes yes yes. The pain in the neck was Danni. I looked out the window to find us landing. I screamed with joy. Then the plane landed. "Ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for riding (Name blocked our for secure reasons.) And have a nice day. " I gave a questioning look to him, then we headed off the plane. We strolled down the steps that led us to the ground. Before i could stop him, Danni was on the ground, rolling around.
"Land! Yes.. I love you land!" He began kissing it. Well i tried to help him up. Yes of coarse i did! I mean that would have been so embarrassing for him! Except. i was too busy doing the same.

The plane landed on West High Grounds, apparently there wasn't any place else to land because civilization was 100 miles away at the closest. And, can you believe it?- Our boarding school is RIGHT by the ocean! I was beyond excited! I've never been to the ocean before - HEY! i just never got around to it.
We walked down the streets of our boarding school's property, enjoying it all. The salt in our hair. The moister in the air. The sound of seagulls high above us! Yes all of it. Well that is, except for the incident that included 1 bird, and an angry Danni. We where headed down to the beach to go surfing. I hope i can surf! I mean this is my first time! I've heard it was sooo fun! I stepped on the sandy beach, letting the tiny sand grains slip through my toes. I shuffled my feet, enjoying the free massage. I smiled, looking over at Danni. Me and him were really getting along, and i was surprised. 'one. two. three.' our mouths both mimicked. We both jumped in the ocean with a splash. Lucky this was a white sand beech. otherwise that would have hurt ALOT. I screamed for joy as a large wave went high above me. Then, since i was screaming. WITH my mouth open, i ended up with a mouthful of gross stuff. I spat it out, not even wanting to know what it was. Then both me and Danni hopped on our surf boards, and began swimming (most pitifully) out to where the large waves where. I let out a little squeak as i saw some one crash from their board, and suffocate under the massive sized wave.
"Err.. Danni.. i. ehm. I'm just gonna watch you. From way over their." I finished off quickly. I pointed to the shore side.
"No your not!" I squeaked as he lunged towards me. I ducked and swam off to shore.
"We should seriously get checked into our dorms now." I said, and reluctantly he agreed. The walk was quick because we ran. So i guess it wasn't really a walk - well, it was for immortals.. Hmm. What do you call running / walking? I don't know! When you think of something tell me.

The woman at the front desk looked disgustedly at us as we dripped sea-water all over her white carpet. I grinned and walked up to her, oblivious of how snooty she was. "I'm getting a room!"
"How nice..." She said slowly in an accent i couldn't place. She gave the the 'eye' which made me feel really self-conscious. Danni came up behind me. She began searching through her computer, at least thats what she looked like she was doing. Finally after several moments she scribbled something down on a pen and handed it to me.

"Room A23 Dorm 36." I read out loud. Danni was next in line so she looked him up on the computer too. She gave him a similar slip of paper, a smirk on her face that made me instantly suspicious. I had read the rules of the school while on the plane, and it was a HUGE rule that if you read a teachers mind you would be kicked out of the school permanently. I struggled to not read hers now.

Danni took the slip and read it silently. His eyebrows creased. Oh boy.. "These are the same!" He said, his voice surprised and confused. I looked over his shoulder. Room A23 Dorm 36. She was putting me in the same room with Danni?! I looked up at her disqusted.

"You're supposed to put us in separate rooms according to our sex!" She smiled sourly.
"I'm only telling you what my computer says. If you have issues with it, go take it up with the president of this school." I whipped around, angry, and walked out of the room.

"Can you believe her?!" I hissed when Danni had caught up with me. I had ran all the way inside of the dorm and i was now on the hallway our room would be located. He shrugged embarrassed. I stopped abruptly, which caused him to slam into me. Now, we immortals are naturally pretty stable and have very good accuracy in most things. But the gods felt inclined to make me handicapped of this trait. I tripped over my own feet and we both tumbled to the ground. He landed on top of me, a bright red blush across his face. I was blushing too. We were inches apart. I felt his breath on my face, and for a terrifying moment i thought he was going to kiss me. He leaned forward and i felt myself leaning upward. A picture of Jake kissing me flashed through my mind. I pushed Danni off of me.
He looked hurt at me from the awkward position of the ground. I was lost of words.
"Back away from my girl." My breath caught in my throat. I shakily turned around. Jake stood behind me, his hands in fists at his sides.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG thank goodness for Spell check, you wouldn't believe how many errors there were! Enjoy! Please comment? *puppy dog eyes* :]?