‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 11

“Maybe this is a bad idea,” I mutter.

Pete and I were standing outside of the party, arms linked. Pete hadn’t spoken since we had left the apartment and I had stopped trying to get him to talk.

“Don’t be such a baby,” Pete hisses, pulling me forward.

“Oh, so you’re talking to me now?”

Pete gives me a look and I know better than to push it. We walk into the house and it feels like the entire room turns to stare atus Pete.

“Hey, Pete,” a brown-haired boy says enthusiastically, before glancing at me uncertainly.

“Ryan this is my friend Sabrina; Sabrina, this is Ryan; this is his house.”

Ryan smiles at me, “pleasure.”

“Enough with the introductions, where’s the DJ?” Pete exclaims.

“Gabe’s-”

“right here! I’ll go...Sabrina, what are you doing here?” Gabe asks, immediately moving his arm from around Faye’s waist.

How could he not tell me about this party?

“Oh see my friend Pete invited me. Not that you would know what a friend is,” I hiss.

“I didn’t think you’d want to come. I thought you and Daniel-”

“Daniel? Daniel and I are so close to over...never mind. Pete, can you show me where the drinks are?” I ask, turning away from Gabe.

“Uh, sure,” he answers, leading me to the other side of the room.

Pete hands me a beer and I roll my eyes, “isn’t it a bit early to try to booze me up?”

Pete smirks, “it’s never too early to get laid.”

“I thought you and Victoria were together.”

Pete shakes his head and I raise an eyebrow, “why not?”

“She’s not my type.”

“Your type is passed out and lying on a bed,” I point out.

“Very true,” Pete says, opening his own beer.

“Can I ask you something?” Pete asks, suddenly.

“Ask away.”

“Why haven’t you broken up with Daniel yet?”

“Um...what?” I ask, practically choking on my own beer.

“He obviously doesn’t trust you and he called you a slut. I just don’t get why you’re putting up with that shit,” he says.

Before I can answer someone taps me on the shoulder and I’m almost grateful because I haven’t the slightest clue of how to answer that.

Almost grateful because it’s Victoria.

“Hey, um I-”

“Sabrina, can I talk to you over there?” she asks, pointing outside.

“Sure,” Pete answers for me, taking a step in the direction of the pool.

“Alone,” she adds, glaring at Pete.

“It’s okay Pete,” I say and Victoria pulls me outside.

“I told you not to come,” she hisses.

“Yeah but Pete-”

“Stay away from Pete, he’s just being nice to you. He doesn’t really like you.”

“Yeah, ‘cause he likes you so much better,” I mutter under my breath.

“Bitch!” Victoria shouts, before pushing me into the pool.

Instantly the laughter starts and I swim towards the ladder, where Pete’s waiting.

"I’m leaving,” I mumble, walking past the laughing and back onto the street.

“Where are you going to go?” Pete says, following me.

“I’ll be fine,” I mutter, hailing a taxi.

“Are you really gonna run away and let Victoria think that she won?” Pete hisses, blocking the door to the cab.

“Yeah, that’s exactly what I was going to do, if you would get out of my way.”

“You can’t just let her push you around, Sabrina.”

“Then what the fuck do you want me to do Pete? Go back into a party that I wasn’t even invited to and pretend like nothing happened?!” I shout.

A small smirk spreads across Pete’s face and I raise an eyebrow. That smirk could never be good.

“We’re going to go back into that party and-” Pete begins, grabbing my arm.

“Victoria will just push me into another pool if she sees us together again. She has a crush on you,” I say, pushing him away.

“Seriously?” Pete asks, raising both eyebrows, “I’m gonna go fuck with her!”

“Pete,” I say in my hopefully most authoritative tone.

“Fuck with her mind not her-”

“Pete!” I shout, trying to catch his attention.

“What?”

“I’ll go back inside if you shut up.”

“I can’t make any promises.”

“Piggyback ride?” I ask already climbing onto his back

"Hells yeah!" Pete exclaims, running off towards the party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments!!! I'll stop being such a bitch now and not ask for comments.