‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 5

"Is this revenge or something for when you kissed me because-" I say walking away from the club.

"Do you enjoy rubbing that in my face?" Gabe asks, following me down the sidewalk.

"Just a little," I smirk.

"Well stop it," he mutters, grabbing my arm.

I take a step back, my eyes never leaving his and blush slightly.

"I need to make sure Daniel's okay," I mumble, pulling my arm out of Gabe's grasp.

"Daniel's a big boy. He can take care of himself."

"I'm not gonna leave my boyfriend just to go somewhere with you," I try again.

"Who said you had a choice?" Gabe smirks.

"You don't even know where you're going," I point out.

Gabe's smirk falters slightly and I smile, "didn't think this one through huh?"

"I just don't want you to go home with that asshole," Gabe mutters.

"You don't even know-"

"I know that he's not good enough for you," Gabe interrupts.

"And what, you are?" I hiss.

Gabe gives me a look that makes me take another two steps back.

Why do I keep saying the wrong thing?

"Just because I kissed you, doesn't mean I'm in love with you now Sabrina. I kiss girls all the time and it doesn't mean shit. You don't mean shit."

I stare at Gabe in complete shock, before pushing him to the ground. I bite down so hard on my lip that it starts to bleed, but the tears still come.

I had really messed up. I had lost all of my friends and now the only person who still talked to me, hated my guts. Why was I so fucking stupid?

"Sabrina, don't cry. I was just-"

"Why shouldn't I cry? My life is a fucking disaster," I mumble, sliding down to the dirty sidewalk.

"But you can fix it," Gabe says, sitting down next to me.

"How? I have no job, no friends, nothing," I mutter.

"You know what you do have?" Gabe asks, a smile creeping across his face.

"A shit-faced boyfriend?"

Gabe sighs, "no Sabrina you have me."

I furrow my eyebrows,"and what exactly can you do?"

"Do you want my help or not?"

"Fine but I'm not selling my soul to the devil," I mutter.

"Another crack like that and I won't set you up with William."

What?

"Wil...with...what?" I ask, immediately turning to face Gabe, my eyes narrowing.

"I can pull some strings....get him to hear you out," Gabe says nonchalantly.

"If you're just messing with me, I swear I'll cut off your pe-" I begin, grabbing Gabe by the collar.

"Sabrina, I'm not messing with you, I swear!" Gabe exclaims.

"Good," I say quietly.

"I didn't know he was that important to you," Gabe mutters.

"William is...he means a lot to me. He's unlike anyone I've ever met and I love him, y'know? I know it was wrong to stop talking to him. He didn't deserve that...none of you did. So maybe I do deserve the silent treatment, but I just...I need him to... never mind," I mutter, looking down at the ground.

"No tell me."

"Just forget it. It was stupid and selfish," I say, standing up.

Gabe follows suit and grabs my arm, before I can walk away.

"Sabrina, tell me," Gabe orders and I wipe the tears out of my eyes.

"No," I say simply.

"Fine, I was just gonna tell William anyway."

I narrow my eyes and Gabe takes off down the block, yelling apologies.

"I take it back!" he screams, before I finally tackle him.

"If you breathe a word of this to William, I will rip out your eyeballs and shove one of them down your throat and the other one up your ass," I hiss.

"Have you tried therapy?" Gabe asks, sitting up.

"Shut up," I laugh.

"So are we okay?" I ask cautiously, after a comfortable silence, "really okay?"

"I'd like to think so. I mean it's just like high school, when you couldn't keep your hands off of me," Gabe says smirking.

I blush, realizing that I'm still on top Gabe, straddling him to be exact.

"Um, I, uh, I'm um...." I trail off.

I don't even know what I'm supposed to say.

"Sabrina, relax," Gabe murmurs, rubbing small circles into my back.

"Daniel wouldn't like this and neither would Faye."

"We're not even doing anything wrong," Gabe says, pulling me closer.

"Gabe we're on the sidewalk."

"Would you prefer that we go back to my place then?" Gabe asks, smirking again.

"Yes...I mean -" I say quickly, jumping off of Gabe.

"Well if you insist," Gabe says, picking me up bridal style.

"Gabe, no! I meant no! Put me down!" I shout.

Gabe ignores all of my protests and even starts humming as he walks back to his car.

He pulls open the passenger door and lets me slide into the seat, before getting into the car himself.

Gabe pushes the key into the ignition and smiles at me.

"What?" I hiss.

"You're enjoying every second of this aren't you?"

"Shut up and drive the fucking car," I demand.

So what if I was?
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, Gabe sure is eating a lot of pavement. =]