Deck Of Cards

Some Growing Up To Do!

I stared out of my window, at the rolling hills. After today, my thoughts were scattered. Why did he leave? Was it something I did? I blamed myself for his running away. My older brother, Soloman. He was heir to the throne after all, he had been trained... he went the whole nine yards.

I stood up. My long, light honey brown hair was hit with the setting sun, bringing out my auburn highlights. Truthfully, I hated my hair color. I stood out from the rest of my family. They all had dark colored hair. My skin and eyes helped my 'freak of the family' department even more. My skin was ivory, theirs was a perfect harmony between pale and tan. My eyes were a not-too-light-not-too-dark, forest green. Like 'Amazon Jungle growth' green. They had hazel eyes. Damn.

"Miss Kegon, are you ready for your last lesson?" Milly, my favorite servant asked. I just sighed, nodding. I was turning seventeen soon so my lessons were finished, after this one.
No more lessons, free time to do whatever.

I could visit Desmond and Tucker! I haven't seen them for years, man. I wonder what they're up to.

- - -

It all ended too fast. Seriously, I thought my teacher was kidding me. The look on her face told me otherwise. "Oh, I am going to miss teaching you, Kegon!" She sniffed. I just smiled, "I'm sure we'll meet again someday." "Yes, yes. And I'll be expecting those fifteen missing assignments, when we do."

Psssh.

- - -

I smoothed out my long, white v-neck and pulled on a black, one-button vest over it. My dark skinny jeans hid part of my Etnies. Milly pulled me towards the lounge chair. "I'm brushing your hair, okay?" I nodded. It was weird having someone brush my hair. "Oh, your hair grew longer!" "....So?" She just grinned and kept pulling the brush through my hair. After awhile I got bored. "Okay, it's fine. Go get dressed so we can go to the party!"

When I was sure Milly was gone, I looked at my hair in the mirror. my hair rested at the small of my back. The first and only layer was juat below my shoulder, the hair under it was thinned out and formed an acute cone shape. My bangs were parted to the right.

Then I checked my outfit. The v-neck didn't work with the vest. I quickly shed all my clothes and ran into my closet. I pulled on a pair of white leggings and a black, band tee that reached my mid-thigh. I pulled on my Etnies and looked at myself again. Perfect... somewhat.

- - -

Following our plan, I walked over to the window and made the three story jump. I landed in a bed of peppermint, hopped up and ran to our meeting spot. I squinted, maybe I was just seeing things, but it looked like there was more than one person standing by the bridge.

Milly was definetly one of those people. Talia, my other friend from a Club was one, and the host of the party was there. "I thought I'd escort the prettiest ladies to the party. It'd be a shame if something happened to them on the way there." The Mad Hatter chuckled before hugging me. "Let us go now, ladies!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you know what story this is based off of? It's my all time favorite story, ever!