Status: Go to my profile page for more info.

Beneath the Glass

004

I walk out of my room dressed in a pair of sweat pants and a white tank top. Needless to say, I was staying home and moping today. Except William was still here and he was talking to a very familiar red-head. Jake.

“Nicole!” I screech, at the top of my lungs.

William and Jake both turn to face me, confusion (and irritation) on their faces. Nicole comes running out the kitchen, fear all over her face.

“What’s wrong Angie?” Nicole asks breathlessly, looking around the room.

I point to William and Jake, “them. They’re wrong.”

Nicole sighs, “William I told you not to.”

“I was just trying to help,” he mutters, shifting his eyes between Nicole and I.

“Help? William ever since we met you’ve been doing the exact opposite of help,” I hiss, attempting to cover my exposed midriff.

Oh this was not my day.

“I’m trying to make up for that,” William says, giving me his most innocent smile.

“See Angie, Bill’s really sweet,” Nicole chirps, kissing his cheek.

“You can take your bullshit-”

“Angie, you’re not being fair. I mean he really was just trying to help,” Jake says, in his most soothing tone.

The same voice he’d used to get me to come back to bed night after countless nights. And of course the tears start to well in my eyes, because I remember each of those nights perfectly.

“Angie, please don’t be mad,” he’d mutter and I’d eventually return to his arms, enjoying his warmth.

God I missed those days.

“Don’t fucking talk to me,” I hiss, my hands curling into fists at my sides.

“Angie, don’t be mad,” Jake begs, crossing the room to stand in front of me.

Jake bites his bottom lip, “please.”

And he’s too close and way too familiar. I choke on Jake’s scent and take a couple steps backward, muttering an excuse and attempting to leave the room all together.

Jake reaches out and grabs my arm and I jump away in shock or fear or something that makes me start to cry. I angrily wipe at the tears pouring from my eyes and push Jake away.

“Are you cry-”

“Fuck you,” I hiss, using one hand to wipe my tears away again and the other to flip him off.

I run back into my room, rubbing at my eyes again with my fists. I bury my head in my pillow and that is when the tears finally come splashing out. In the confines of my bedroom, deep into a pillow, beneath the glass.