Rails

002

Jack shifted and checked his watch again, “Should be coming, soon.” As if to prove this statement true, the ground began to shake. I jumped to my feet, threw the berry back into the bush and looked up the track. I glanced over my shoulder to see where Raoul was. I did a double take and swore I saw Jesus standing there in his holy glory-ness. But he was gone, replaced by Raoul the next time I looked.
“I dunno, guys. I think I’m gonna leave you to do what the hell you want. I don’t think you should do this, but anyway, it’s your rope. Tie the noose yourselves or let Death do it for you later.” He shrugged and looked over at Porsche who was now colouring his fingernails with blackberry juice. He let out an exasperated sigh.
Porsche looked up and hid his hands behind his back, “Er, yeah. Dye your moose, right?” He squinted at the oncoming train and yelped, running to Raoul and flinging his stained hands around his neck, “I love you, Raoul, have my babies!” Porsche noticed his purple hands, “Awrgh, EW.” He squinted and held them away from his body as far as he could. I kicked Porsche in the shin and ran to the safety of the other side of the train track. He wouldn’t cross the track again. Not now that the train was coming. I made a face at him and sat down with Jack and Bo who were sitting parallel with our ‘wall’. Porsche threw blackberries at us, looking like a lost hooker in the wrong place.
Bo looked uneasy, “Yeah … I guess I’m gonna go with Raoul and Porsche. I’ll see you guys later, though.” He stood, crossed the track and disappeared into the bushes with Porsche and Raoul.
Jack frowned and threw a stick after them. He looked at me from the corner of his eye, “You leaving too, eh?”
I leapt to my feet, “Nah, mate.” We watched the oncoming train, the tracks clicking as it came towards us. We began backing away as it got closer, gripping each other’s arms in anticipation. The driver of the train began making warning sounds. I pushed Jack off me [does everyone have to turn gay around here?] and squinted as the sun reflected off the metal surface of the train onto my face. Sweat beaded on my forehead before sliding down my face. Crouched next to me, I could feel Jack shaking like someone having an epileptic fit. I glanced over to make sure that he wasn’t having an epileptic fit.
The train was barely 50 metres away from us when Jack backed out into a blackberry bush and ran, choked noises coming from his throat. I rolled my eyes and stooped lower to the ground, sliding into the shadows slowly. I was a snake … blaaah. I imagined my forked tongue flicking in an out of my mouth, smelling the air around me. I frowned and reminded myself that I wasn’t a 3 year old idiot.
It took a moment for me to realise. I looked over my shoulder to where Jack had escaped, my eyebrows knitting together. I was alone; by myself. My body took on a strange numb feeling that reached my toes and threatened to kill my tongue. What if something really bad happened? Like, China sunk into the sea or … I died. I guess China sinking wouldn’t be all that bad. Then there would be no more chopsticks for Raoul to stick up my –
A loud bang interrupted my thoughts; I’m sure that was something sensible clicking in my head. Or not; a solid object collided with my head and I hit the ground like a bag of Safeway branded potatoes. Wet, red Safeway branded potatoes. Sticky crimson seeped into my eyes and trickled out of my mouth and nose. I clawed at the ground until I managed to roll over onto my stomach. My head throbbed agonizingly, excluding all other feeling in my arms, legs and torso. I blinked painfully until I could see what had hit me. A broken brick lay a few centimetres from my face. The brick … I remember. A brick was in my hand; I had thought of what Porsche’s head would look like if I threw it. Where is Porsche? Where was I? I wondered if Porsche had seen my missing toothbrush and returned my overdue library book.
I coughed up thick scarlet blood, my head feeling fuzzy. I gazed over the brick to the tracks where my ‘wall’ had been demolished. The train was gone. And the remains of the wall smashed into oblivion. Well, not really.

Blackness began to obscure my vision, coming in from all sides until it shadowed the world I knew forever. My head dropped limply to the red dirt and my lungs expired, sending me into the void. If I had’ve chosen differently, I don’t think I’d be …

dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah. That's the end ...

(:
Hope you liked it.