Status: Updates very rare but happen randomly after long periods of time

Stay With Me

13

"Okay everyone occupying this room. Get out now."

"Why should I?" Jolyne raised an eyebrow.

Right now, only Evey and Jolyne were in the house. Shakey had gone back to the UK for a lecture on something, neither of them had really been listening, and Lexy had gone with him to see some of her family there. In result, Evey and Jolyne ended up relaxing on the couch with Evey occasionally raising her arm to pretend to be shooting again but had it fall down next to her in matter of seconds when she realized she was too tired to do so.

"Because...yeah I don't know," Evey muttered, sinking deeper in the couch and blowing some of her hair out of her eyes.

"Did your brain break or something?"

"No it just melted. Too much Doctor Who will do that to my brain."

"You're on another show? Christ woman..."

"I've been on it for a while, pay attention," Evey frowned, "I got over 25 years of episodes to catch up on so it'll take a while for me to get rid of this one."

"Well fuck. We're all screwed," Jolyne muttered and got up from the couch, walking over to the kitchen. Evey started to follow her but was stopped by Jolyne's hand on her chest and a glare coming from the younger woman.

"...I'm not going to blow up the kitchen..."

"Says you, I on the other hand say that you should stay out of it before you do something wrong by just breathing in the room."

"It sounds as if you want me to stop existing in order to save humanity."

"Trust me, it's way too late to save humanity. About 18 years too late."

"...Oh so that's why I nearly died as a baby. Damn it fate!" Evey scrunched up her nose and made a 'grrr' noise from deep in her throat, making Jolyne roll her eyes and walk away from her.

"Yes, because the whole world hates your guts."

"I feel so unwanted now. Thanks a lot. Now you'll have me moping around for hours!"

"Oh no, the horror," Jolyne muttered sarcasticly before taking a bottle of water out of the fridge and throwing it to Evey, "why don't you go and destroy some fire demons and leave me alone eh?"

"I thought I did that yesterday," Evey frowned, looking at the water bottle.

"You did. They came back. Nasty little buggars."

"...Can't I just use the hose?"

"No. I sort of want the house to stay relatively dry."

"...Psht, how boring is that," Evey muttered and walked up the stairs to her bedroom. She knew there were no fire demons but it was fun to pretend with Jolyne that there were. Fantasy after all made life so much better. It was a proven ²fact, or so they said.

"By the way! They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!" Evey yelled from on top of the stairs.

"I don't care, I only wish to speak with Gandalf!"

"...But the Hobbits!" Evey yelled back, clearly in distress, "Those tiny little cute kids with no shoes."

"Go save some teddy bears you," Jolyne muttered and went to her computer to work. Sometimes it was just better to ignore the crazy people.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no life. My friend forced me to write the crack that is this chapter.