Status: Updates very rare but happen randomly after long periods of time

Stay With Me

Chapter 3

“Good god, I feel so old,” Evey groaned as she looked at all the birthday cards stacked on the stove, all meant for Lexy.

“You're not old.”

“You're younger than me, which automatically makes me older.”

“Oh shut up.”

“Make me!”

Lexy responded by pressing her lips against Evey's and pulling the girl closer by the hem of her shirt. Evey stiffened slightly, not really expecting such a bold move so early in the morning but then relaxed in the kiss before returning it with an equal passion.

“Okay, I didn't want to see that so early in the morning thank you,” Shakey grumbled as he walked past them and towards the cup in search for some chocolate milk to wake him up completely.

“Then don't walk in on us!” Evey yelled to the kitchen, smirking a bit at Lexy making her way down her neck with kisses.

“It's sort of hard not to if you're standing in the middle of the bloody living room!”

Evey chuckled and then raised an eyebrow at Lexy who had halted with the kisses and looked up at her.

“Happy birthday,” Evey grinned.

“Do I get cake?”

“Later, when Jolyne wakes up.”

“She's in the shower!” Shakey yelled from the kitchen, “and where is my bloody chocolate milk?”

“Hidden, go find it yourself you lazy ass!”

“But why would you hid it like that?” Shakey appeared from the kitchen, his mouth slightly open and a frown visible on his forehead.

“Because I'm an evil emo bitch like that, now go find it.”

“Why?” Shakey whined.

“'Cause in the mean time, you can wake Jolyne up and get me cake!” Lexy stamped her foot on the floor and sulked a bit.

“Right,” Shakey said slowly before muttering some curse words under his breath and stalking up the stairs, yelling at Jolyne to get the hell out of the shower and get some cake ready for Lexy.

“Cake in the morning? You guys are mental,” Jolyne sighed as she walked down the stairs, “and where did you put his chocolate milk? Now he's upstairs sulking.”

“I hid it,” Evey nodded, “because he should learn to drink coffee. Like normal grown ups.”

“You better not have hidden my milk or I'll keelhaul you,” Jolyne grumbled, stalking in the kitchen.

“I didn't, I'm smarter than that you know,” Evey muttered before following Jolyne in the kitchen and taking a cup of freshly made coffee.

“Oh really? I hadn't figured that one out yet.”

“Auch, morning grouchiness much? That hurt,” Evey held a hand to her chest and then yelled to Lexy to come in the kitchen to get some coffee.

“Happy Birthday Lexy,” Jolyne smiled at the girl rubbing her tired eyes and yawning slightly.

“Thanks. Cake now?”

“Mental,” Jolyne sighed, “the lot of you.”

“Cake!” Shakey came running in the kitchen tackling Jolyne to the floor and making her drop her cup of milk all over the floor. Both Evey and Lexy looked at them with wide eyes before looking at each other, grimacing and then saying both in unison that the couple should go and get a room.

* * *

“Mrs. Mooney has a pie shop!” Evey sang as she twirled around in the kitchen, wearing nothing but a pair of jeans and a simple black t-shirt.

“I have one too!” Jolyne yelled from the living room, being busy watching one of the many illegal anime dvd's Shakey had burned for the group of friends. A pot of strawberry ice cream on her lap and the spoon buried in it. Shakey and Lexy had gone out earlier, Jolyne didn't exactly know where they went but Shakey had muttered something about dragging the birthday girl with him to find her a perfect birthday gift so she had just left it at that.

“...Good to know,” Evey frowned, poking her head out of the kitchen and looking at Jolyne who threw her head back so she could face Evey, a broad smile on her lips.

“And no,-”

“-you don't put cats in them?” Evey guessed, interrupting Jolyne.

“- the pies aren't made of people,” Jolyne finished, “or cats for that matter.”

Evey sighed and pouted, cursing under her breath, “gosh darn it, ruin my dreams will you?”

“Sure,” Jolyne nodded before turning back to the anime on the screen, leaving Evey to her thoughts, a pout still on her lips.

“At last! My arm is complete again!” Evey yelled, back in the kitchen and probably holding a kitchen utensil to prove her point. Jolyne rolled her eyes at her friend's antics.

Don't touch the knives! I told you hundred times before!”

“Oh trust me, I won't slit your throat open,” Evey poked her head out of the kitchen again, one of her hands holding one of the sharpest knives in the kitchen.

“Bloody hell! I told you to stop touching those knives! You know I don't want to walk in on your corpse in the morning! You careless bitch!”

“Possessive bitch,” Evey stuck her tongue at Jolyne.

“At least I'm not holding a huge kitchen knife!”

“Oh shut up,” Evey rolled her eyes and disappeared back in the kitchen, probably swinging it around to prove that it was perfectly harmless to hold a knife in a deserted kitchen.

“Permission to blow kitchen up?”

“Permission denied.”

“Damn it!” Evey yelled from the kitchen.

“This isn't the parliament and you aren't V as much as you want to be!”

“Stop spoiling my dreams!”

After a silence in the kitchen for longer than 5 minutes, Jolyne was actually starting to get worried, maybe Evey had ended up cutting herself with the big knife after all, pretending to be Sweeney Todd. Or she had just hit her head on the counter or something. Sighing, Jolyne placed the ice cream on the coffee table before walking to the kitchen, hearing a loud crash.

“What the fuck did you do!”

“Nothing! I swear!” Evey yelled, her face a bit black and her eyes wide open from the shock. Her arms were supporting her upper body while her legs were bended while she stared at the open microwave.

“You blew up the bloody microwave!”

“I didn't do anything!” Evey yelled back in a high pitched voice.

“Oh yeah sure! I can see that!”

“It's the end of the world! Quick Lexy! Hide!” Shakey's voice came from the living room. Both Evey and Jolyne were sure he had just pulled Lexy by the arm and ducked behind the couch. Which was confirmed seconds later by a scream from the young girl who hadn't expected Shakey to grab her so quickly and pull her down.

“Oooh ice cream,” Lexy reached out for the pot of ice cream on the coffee table.

“I can't believe you fucking blew the microwave up!”

“Why are you freaking out about this?!”

“You think I shouldn't?” Jolyne yelled back.

“I think you're overreacting,” Evey stated calm.

“Oh really?!” Jolyne glared at Evey, “I don't think so.”

“Wait, guys, what happened here?” Lexy frowned before she dug the spoon in the ice cream and took a bite.

“Miss Sweeney Todd here blew up our microwave!”

“Oh..”

Evey smirked, she had probably planned it all but didn't think it would work. Just like some other things she had tried but had worked. It never really ended well, that was what Lexy knew. Evey would never give away her plans or how she had done it. Claiming it was a secret or some super villain would come and eat her. Then again, Evey always did have a nice and wild fantasy world in her head so Lexy didn't go further on the subject after that.

“How?” Shakey asked, frowning.

“My secret,” Evey held her hands in front of her chest.

“Oh come on,” Shakey groaned.

“Hey, I'll tell you once, and only once, I do not want Doom or the Red Skull to suddenly enter in my bedroom and take me because I spilled it.”

“Like that'll ever happen,” Jolyne rolled her eyes, muttering curses under her breath.

“I can't believe you blew up the microwave on my birthday,” Lexy said in such a monotone voice that it reminded Evey a lot of L, who Lexy adored (besides Light) before the blond girl took another bite from the ice cream.

“Happy birthday?”