Status: Updates very rare but happen randomly after long periods of time

Stay With Me

Chapter 5

“Wow, Christmas time.”

“yeah, I can’t believe it, I miss you baby,” Lexy answered on the other side of the line.

London was where she was at this moment. Far away from the house she lived in in Belgium. With her family that didn’t even like her. But they didn’t really know a lot about her so they automatically said that the family Christmas party was only for family, no friends allowed, no girlfriends or boyfriends. Unless you’re engaged or married. Lexy had doubted about going but Evey had managed to convince her in the end, claiming that it was family and that they would be happy with seeing her as she hadn’t gone last year for the same reason she wouldn’t have gone this year.

“I got you a present. You’ll just have to wait to open it.”

“Mm, can I guess?”

“No, you’ll just have to wait and see. I’m not going to spill anything.”

“Well, I bought you something too, you’ll love it.”

“Oh really? Well, Jolyne says hi, so does Shakey but he’s not really interested in anything else than his new sidekick right now.”

“Boring little thing.”

“Well, it does have a Batman skin so, it’s sort of natural that he’s getting obsessed with it already.”

Lexy laughed on the other side of the line and then shouted something to the noise on the background before telling Evey she’d have to hang up and be a good girl with the family now. Evey chuckled and said her goodbyes before rejoining Jolyne and Shakey in the living room. Sitting down the couch, Evey sulked a bit as she looked at the several gifts under the Christmas tree that were still wrapped in their glittering white and silver paper.

“Come on sour patch, get out the alcohol.”

“No alcohol for me, you know that,” Evey smiled a bit, “I’m not thirsty anyway, I’m just tired.”

“You’re missing Lexy and you alone wouldn’t be good now so, drink up,” Jolyne pushed a glass of water in Evey’s hands before walking over to the DVD player and pushing one of the new DVD’s Evey had gotten her for Christmas.

“Oh right, I’m on suicide watch,” Evey joked, glaring at Jolyne who rolled her eyes and hit her on the head for that comment.

“You’re overreacting,” Jolyne muttered.

“I’m missing my girlfriend,” Evey pouted, “also, I’m not feeling that good.”

“You sick?”

“Just a bit disorientated, I’ll be fine, just going to get some fresh air.”

Walking out of the back door to the garden, Evey sighed and let her shoulders hang while she looked up at the sky. It was clouded, almost no star in sight. Sulking at the lack of stars at the sky, Evey sat down on the moist grass and put her arms behind her body as support as she kept staring at the dark skies. She shivered slightly at the lack of clothing as she was only wearing the classy black pants she had stolen from sister and her ballet-like dress. Leaving most of her back completely bare together with her shoulders.

“No snow? Come on,” Evey muttered to herself, laying down on the grass and letting her arms be the only support for her head as she folded them behind her neck.

“You’re nuts, you’ll get a cold like that,” Jolyne came outside and leaned over Evey, blocking her view of the sky. Evey scowled and waved one of her hands at Jolyne to make her move. The brown haired girl just shook her head and sat down on the grass next to Evey.

“Like the view?”

“Nature’s fucked up. What happened to the white Christmas we all dream off?”

“Blame global warming.”

“I keep saying, there ain’t but one way. We just got to kick it in the ass.”

“And how do you imagine doing that?” Jolyne raised an eyebrow.

“I’m still trying to figure that one out to be quite honest with you. Ask me again in a few years.”

Jolyne chuckled before taking a sip from her own glass of Dr. Pepper, she hadn’t quite liked it in the beginning when Lexy had started bringing it home but she had grown to like it. Much to the annoyance of Shakey who didn’t like it at all.

“How’s Lexy?”

“Missing me, I hope,” Evey sighed, “don’t mind me, I’m always a bit down when I’m alone with my thoughts or when there’s a reason to be happy.”

“Get inside already before I got to kick your ass. Next thing I know you’re sick.”

“I don’t get sick, Extremis and all that shit you know?” Evey muttered, getting up and walking inside just behind Jolyne.

“You’re not Iron Man, nor are you Tony Stark. You don’t have Extremis and you can get sick.”

“No no no, I have Extremis, I’m sure of it.”

“I’ll count that as a delusional thing and claim you’re sick, up to bed you.”

Evey sighed and let herself be pushed up the stairs and on the king sized bed in the bedroom she shared with Lexy. Sighing, Evey glared a bit at Jolyne, still claiming she wasn’t sick.

"From what I understand," Jolyne said, "this Extremis of yours makes you immune to cancer and viral infection, but not to bacteria. It's probably strep throat, or it could be an allergic reaction to something.”

“Oh yes, I’m allergic to a Lexy free bed, call the ambulance,” Evey grumbled, “why do you know that about Extremis anyway.”

“I do live in the same house with you you know, you geek.”

“Stop raiding my comic book collection,” Evey rolled over so she was resting on her stomach before her eyes closed and she was asleep.

Jolyne sighed and grabbed the cellphone out of her pocket before dialing Lexy’s number, she had promised the girl not to call unless there was something wrong and well, seeing that Evey was already delusional about having some sort of superpower, Jolyne figured that there was indeed something wrong.

“Yeah?”

“Your girlfriend is sick and she’s thinking she’s Tony Stark.”

“…Is she now?”

“Let me guess, this doesn’t worry you at all?” Jolyne sighed.

“Not really no,” Lexy admitted, “because, I mean, I’m Batman!”

Jolyne rolled her eyes and just hung up, knowing that Lexy probably wouldn’t mind anyway and understand why.

“I’m living in a house full of idiots,” she muttered before walking downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter. Happy holidays for everybody who's reading this.