Status: Updates very rare but happen randomly after long periods of time

Stay With Me

Chapter 6

“More coffee!”

“Get it yourself!”

“You forbid me from getting in the kitchen!”

A groan came from the kitchen before Jolyne came in the living room and poured more coffee in Evey’s cup. Evey, who was smirking the whole time, saluted her and looked rather horrified when Lexy had another coughing fit.

“Uhm, honey, are you okay there?”

“Chest…hurts,” Lexy wheezed, looking with open eyes at the coffee table in front of her, one of her hands clutching to her chest.

“You,” Evey pointed at her girlfriend, “need more cough medicine. Jojo! More medicine for Lexy!”

“I hate you both,” Jolyne grumbled when she came out of the kitchen and pressed a cold towel against Lexy’s warm forehead, giving her some cough medicine.

“If you did, you wouldn’t be spoiling us while we’re sick,” Evey nodded, lifting up her cup of coffee and smiling slightly before taking another swig.

“You know, I’m only doing this so that you guys can get better and I don’t get sick myself.”

“Sure,” Evey nodded, not really convinced.

“Batman!” Lexy coughed before falling down on Evey’s lap, curling up in a little ball and holding a fist in front of her mouth while she coughed. Evey looked at her with sad eyes and then stroke the girl’s hair.

“You ever thought of, you know, admitting her to a psychiatrist about that?”

“No.”

“Oh, right, I forgot you were Iron Man,” Jolyne rolled her eyes and walked back into the kitchen, not listening to the demands coming from Evey who clearly hadn’t moved from her spot on the couch all day.

Same with Lexy, but the girl was so sick that Jolyne just couldn’t be mad at her. Evey on the other hand wasn’t all that sick and just made it easier for Jolyne to hit her on the back of her head whenever she did something stupid.

She didn’t even get how the two girls could get sick when the hardest part of the winter was already over. But then reasoned that Evey never really did dress up warm during winter and that kissing is usually the first way sickness got transferred to another person. Jolyne smirked at the thought of Lexy banning any form of physical contact for the entire time they were both sick. But knew that it was a futile thought as the two girls couldn’t stop touching each other even if their life depended on it.

Evey often noted they were like Robert and Susan Downey, always in love and every part of their body touching a part of the other’s body. Their toes touching each other when they sat, their fingers intertwined, their shoulders locked together.

“Pick up the phone!” Jolyne yelled from the kitchen, not really in the mood to get up again and walk all the way to the living room when there were two girls on the couch perfectly capable of picking it up themselves. Well, one girl, Evey would probably just pick up and say that they were all on vacation, asking to call back later.

“What? Dad, I’m sick, I’m not going to come over and tell you how to download something for your bike program. No I haven’t been to the doctor yet, it’s expensive. Besides it’s just a cold. No, Lexy’s on my lap and not kissing me, what makes you think that? Oh, I just said it did I? Mmm, well, uhm…I’m going to hang up now, bye dad.”

“That was awkward,” Lexy giggled, kissing Evey’s cheek.

“He’s used to it,” Evey blushed, “I think.”

“He has to be if he’s your father.”

“Yeah, kind of. Then again, you are the first and only girlfriend I ever had so I think that still sort of freaks him out.”

“Goodbye grandchildren?”

“My sister took care of that part of being a girl in the family, I’m just there to cause the family serious brain damage,” Evey nodded, sounding rather proud of herself.

“Ah, yes, because brain damage is harder than pushing out babies,” Lexy nodded, kissing her girlfriend on the cheek again.

“Yeah, well, you got to get a hot girlfriend, and then flaunt her around the family that’s half full of homophobes. And then have several nervous breakdowns. Yeah, it’s hard work. It took me quite a while too.”

“…Remind me never to accept Christmas invitations from your aunt again,” Lexy sighed, shaking her head, “the look your cousin gave us scared me for life I think.”

“It’s gotten ‘oh I’m so disgusted with you right now’ over the years. You should’ve seen her when I came out to my family. My god, she was ready to combust!”

“Boom!”

“I’m not cleaning up the fat!” Jolyne yelled from the kitchen, interrupting the whole conversation that only ended in a fit of giggles and then coughing.

“We already put you in charge of getting rid of the brains, don’t worry about the fat!” Evey yelled back at the kitchen, grinning the whole time.

“Okay, what was in your cough medicine missy? Crack?”

“I told you, I’m only smoking hookah right now, no more crack.”

“Wait, you smoke hookah?”

“Not really,” Evey giggled, “just messing with you.”

“They tortured me!” Shakey ran in the living room, violently shaking his arms and running up the stairs, receiving back glances from the three girls occupying the house.

Jolyne bit her lip and then frowned nervously before sighing and throwing her towel over her shoulder in the sink. She ignored Lexy screaming ‘goal!’ behind her back and just walked up the stairs, following Shakey and muttering profanities under her breath. Evey on the other hand couldn’t help but giggle at Lexy’s enthusiasm and kissed her on the lips to shut her up. Even though she didn’t mind the hip thrusting dance that came with the yelling.

“Stop dancing and kiss me.”

“I already did,” Lexy grinned, dancing some more.

“Damn it woman! Kiss me!”

“Mmm, what might happen if I don’t?” Lexy raised an eyebrow suggestively and placed her hands on her hips. Evey muttered something under her breath that the girl didn’t really understand the first time, making her girlfriend repeat it somewhat louder, blushing severely.

“You can’t rape the willing baby,” she smirked as she leaned forward and kissed Evey on the lips.

“Mmm, are you willing to be raped then?”

“I have to think about that. Come back in two days.”

“I can’t wait two days for sex!” Evey looked horrified, “it’s bad enough that we’re both sick but no sex for two full days would definitely kill me!”

“Jesus loves everybody honey, except you.”

“I don’t love him either,” Evey grumbled, “he stole my cookies.”

“Uhm, no that was Shakey love.”

“He didn’t even give me new ones,” Evey sniffed.

“That’s because he’s an asshole sweetheart. Oh, shut up now, here he comes.”

“They raped me,” Shakey sniffled while Jolyne guided him into the kitchen, looking rather sad to him and nodding empathic. She shot a brief glance at the two girls looking at them like they were a reality tv-show and then glared at them, making them dive away from sight so they wouldn’t be seen.

“You really are the worst pair of ninja’s ever.”

“Who? Us? What in god’s name are you talking about?” Evey asked affronted, looking at her nails and frowning when she found some dirt under them.

Jolyne didn’t answer, instead she just walked in the kitchen to go and help her boyfriend get better instead of spending time with the two sick ladies on the couch.

“Man, she really is the man in the relationship isn’t she?”

“Eh, pms’ing.”

“How do you know?” Evey raised an eyebrow.

“The twinkle in her eye dies whenever she’s on that time of the month…”

“I bow before you, oh mighty ninja,” Evey bowed down to Lexy and smirked.

Lexy giggled and kissed her girlfriend on top of her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I should probably update this fic more often. But it's like pure crack, barely any good about it except that it's just so relaxing to write, it goes fast, my girlfriend loves it, my other friends love it (I think, well, Jolyne does, I don't talk to Shakey no more, long story, not going to say it here) and uhm, I can ramble here while I don't have anything useful to say.

...leave a comment at least?