Status: Updates very rare but happen randomly after long periods of time

Stay With Me

Chapter 7

“Lexy darling, stop using your sleeve as handkerchief.”

“But you do it all the time!”

“I’m older,” Evey nodded, grinning brightly as she tossed a handkerchief to her girlfriend who was pouting.

“You use that excuse every time,” Lexy muttered under her breath, blowing he nose in the handkerchief. Evey patted her head and then kissed her forehead.

“We’ll make you all better for the upcoming Rise Against concert honey, don’t worry.”

Lexy brightened up slightly and clapped her hands together in glee. Her eyes grew bigger as she kept staring into the distance. Evey looked around her awkwardly and then took a few steps back, trying not to let her girlfriend notice them.

When she tried to duck into the kitchen, she was soon pushed out again by Jolyne furiously saying to her that she had no access to the kitchen at all. Since Jolyne wanted to keep her kitchen in one piece and Evey had the tendency to break things when she wasn’t focused on it, they just all decided to keep her out of the kitchen whenever she would try. Not even letting her in for just a drink.

“You’re mean,” Evey pouted at Jolyne swung her over her shoulder and placed Evey on her usual spot on the couch.

“And you need to stay out of the kitchen,” Jolyne smiled sweetly, walking back to the kitchen but not before hitting Lexy on the head to wake her up from her reverie.

“You were daydreaming sweetheart, go entertain your girlfriend before she sneaks into the kitchen again.”

“I’m on it ma’am!” Lexy saluted Jolyne and then turned to Evey smirking, “hey honey, how about we go and test out that new whip I bought?”

“You’re still sick, I’m not having kinky sex with you until you’re better.”

“Don’t spoil my fun here,” Lexy purred in Evey’s ear, caressing the girl’s cheek.

“Don’t do that,” Evey whined, trying to push her girlfriend of her lap in the hopes that she wouldn’t get roped into going upstairs to test out that whip.

“Come on,” Lexy smirked, putting some of Evey’s hair behind her ear and letting her hot breath tickle the older girl’s neck.

“Damn it, now you got me all turned on,” Evey sighed, “to the batmobile!”

“We did it in the batmobile only yesterday honey, let’s try out the whip.”

“I did not want that information,” Jolyne said, poking her head in the living room from the kitchen and glaring at the two girls.

“Stop eavesdropping then,” Evey smirked.

“I hate you both.”

Lexy looked at Jolyne with big eyes filled with tears to the brim. Jolyne blinked and looked at Lexy’s puppy dog eyes, hoping that the girl wouldn’t start crying just because she just had been rather grumpy to the two.

“Uhm, I’m sorry?”

“Do you really hate batman that much?”

“Uhm…no?”

“Then why,” Lexy sniffed, “why do you keep hating on me and Evey whenever we go on about Batman?”

“Because...you do it too much?”

“Only 6 days a week,” Lexy sniffed.

“Thank god for Sunday’s,” Jolyne muttered darkly, looking away from the sad girl in front of her.

“Why must you hate Christian Bale so much JoJo?”

“She’s jealous of his hot ass,” Evey whispered so loud that the whole house could’ve probably heard it.

“I’m not,” Jolyne glared at Evey, “and you suck at whispering.”

“Mmm, that’s what she said.”

“Well then she’s a lying bitch,” Jolyne grumbled.

“I’m not,” Lexy sniffed again, now with her bottom lip softly trembling and tears threatening to fall.

“…I wasn’t talking about you love.”

“But Evey was.”

“Man, you both got issues.”

“That’s why you love us,” Evey grinned, “now Lexy, to the batmobile!”

“No, let’s do it in the Aston Martin again, that’s been a while.”

“Mmm, I like your train of thinking love, let’s go!”

“You guys are paying my psychiatrist bills!”

“Fuck you!” Lexy giggled.

“I heard that!”

“You were supposed too!” Evey yelled back.

Jolyne grumbled and moved back into the kitchen, trying not to listen to the sounds of Evey and Lexy moving around in their shared room upstairs before the music covered any sounds they might make. It was a rule in the house to play music whenever somebody would get it on and it worked out pretty well. At least, for Evey and Lexy, who clearly enjoyed singing along the rather sexy lyrics and turning each other more on.

Then again, most of time the girls optioned to just put up a dvd really loud instead of music and quote it, claiming it helped even more with their relationship bonding time. Jolyne had just shaken her head at that and continued baking the cake she was making. Surprised she hadn’t dropped it on the floor yet.

It was also a few days after that incident that they all decided to just keep Evey away from the kitchen in the fear that Jolyne might drop food on top of her head if she even thought about sharing the details about the night before. It happened more than once that Shakey had to come in and just pull Evey out of the kitchen before she got hit by a frying pan. Of course, Lexy didn’t like Shakey touching her girlfriend, which only caused them to fight and Evey to sneak back into the kitchen.

It was a vicious circle that never seemed to end, but in the end (and after being hit by a frying pan a few times) Evey had finally learned that the kitchen was a dangerous place and she should keep away from it at all times. That didn’t stop her from sneaking in it in the middle of the night to just get a drink or whenever Jolyne was away. What she didn’t know couldn’t hurt her, that was Evey’s philosophy.

Of course, she did get caught by Shakey a few times and he had ratted her out, which only resulted in Evey getting hit by the frying pan again. Something she didn’t like but had to endure to just be able to live with her friends. That was her reasoning. And usually afterwards she would get dotted upon by Lexy so she didn’t really mind the hitting that much.

Some might say she even looked for it sometimes so she could get some spoiling by Lexy. Not that she didn’t already get spoiled. The two lovers really did spoil each other by buying needless chocolates and flowers, sometimes even jewels or just little action figures of their favourite superhero.

No wonder the girl’s room looked like the marvel universe on it’s own.

“Hey Jojo? Does chocolate really help against a depression?”

“No.”

“Are you sure?” Shakey frowned.

“Yes, and if you need an explanation why, go ask Evey, she knows all the details.”

“The girl has too much issues for chocolate to solve,” Shakey sighs, “I mean, who actually enjoys getting hit by a frying pan?”

“Uhm, she does, apparently it gives her a reason for Lexy to hit me or you and then dote upon her. So it’s a win win situation she claims.”

“For her?”

“No for Lexy and her.”

“I don’t get it,” Shakey frowned.

“Evey claims that it makes their relationship stronger…”

“But…how?”

“Dude, chocolate totally doesn’t resolve depressions; otherwise, I wouldn’t need a therapist.”

“Wow, that was quick…did you and Lexy have fun in the Aston martin?”

“Uhm, do you even have to ask?” Lexy raised an eyebrow, walking down the stairs and pulling her shirt over her head.

“But, why doesn’t it resolve depressions?” Shakey frowned, “I don’t get it.”

“Because Shakey dear, chocolate releases pheromones that give you the feeling of being in love. This is a good feeling. That good feeling makes people happy. But it never cured depressions love.”

“Aaaw shucks, now I just bought a whole lot of chocolate for nothing,” Shakey pouted.

“Why, you’re not even depressed.”

“Well with you two-“

“-I don’t want to hear it,” Jolyne slapped Shakey on the back of his head and glared at him before pushing Lexy and Evey back up the stairs, telling them to go and clean up the mess they just made in their room.

“You’re just jealous because we’re getting laid!”

“Am not!”

“Am too!”

“I’m not starting this discussion; go clean up your room!”