No More Secrets, No More Lies

Chapter 1

"Kay, your dad is on the phone!" I heard my mother yell up the stairs. My mom and dad don't live together, they never really did. Unless you call living on a tour bus with five to ten other people living together. "He wants to speak to you!" I rolled my eyes and got off my bed. I ran down the stairs to receive the phone. "Here,"

"Thanks Val," I said taking the phone off her. I never really called her mom or mommy; I mean I grew up with everyone calling her Val so naturally I just called her by her first name. "Hey, what do you want?" I asked my father.

"Nice to know I'm loved," he chuckled down the line. I smiled, my dad had to have one of the weirdest laughs ever. "Anyway, me and the ol' one were wondering would you be able to mind the kids this Friday night. I know it's real soon and all, but it's our anniversary." He put on that voice, you know, the whiny little kid's one, and I could just image the big pout on his face.

"Suppose," I sighed, knowing I had nothing better to do. "Anything for you daddy," I also grew up calling my dad by his first name as well. When I was younger I used to call him daddy when Val or my grandma wouldn't give me sweets. "What time do you want me to go over at? And can I stay the week-end?"

"About eight or half. Yeah, you don't have to ask, baby girl, you live here as well. Anyway put me back on to Val, will you?" See? Why should I even call her my mother at all? I told him I would, as I went in search for Val. "I love you Katie, see you tomorrow at eight."

"Love you too, Jimmy." The second I handed her the phone my step-father and siblings raced threw out the front door calling out there good-bye's too me and Val. I walked back up the stairs and went back to e-mailing my friends. As soon as I sat on the bed I heard Sean wail. "Fuck sake," getting up again I went into my baby brother's room.

In the past six years, all Matt and Val have done is made kids. I've never been so over whelmed with kids in my life. I spent basically eleven years being an only child surrounded bybig children adults then out of nowhere I have four siblings from them. Noah is six, and then there are the twins, Dwayne and Shannon who are four and then the baby. Sean, he had to be their cutest baby yet, is one month old.

My dad, Jimmy, and Leana have just the two kids; Ashley, is three and my other baby brother Owen, who is one. Which is surprising enough because those to bang everyday, gross right?

Val had me when she was seventeen. She and Jimmy had gone out drinking in the spot, two days after Matt told her they needed a 'break', and obviously one thing led to another and eight months later yours truly was brought into this fucked up world.

I picked Sean up and walked down into the kitchen to give him to Val. Before I went in I could hear her arguing with Jimmy on the phone, so I stopped to listen. "You can tell her, I'm not going to!" she shrieked, wonder what shit he go into now? "It's her eighteenth in three months you can do as you please James." Oh yeah, she's fighting with him. "So tell Matt I don't give a flying fuck...Whatever, do what you like."

I walked in after the long silence, assuming that world war ten had stopped. "Hey, I think Sean is hungry." I handed him over and she just gave a forced smile. "You and Jimmy fighting again?" she nodded and started breast feeding the baby. "I'm going to my room."

~ ~ ~

"Sweetie, could you keep an eye on the boys and Shannon?" I looked up to see Val's face tear stained and her eyes blood shot. I nodded. "I'm going to Michelle's for a couple of hours, Sean will be with me so it's just the other three."

"Okay," I told her, seeing Val upset was what I hated most. She may be my mom, but I know her more as a best friend and it hurts to see best friends down and out. "Val, are you okay?" Fresh tears sprung to her eyes and she shook her head. She left the room quickly. Ever since that phone call a couple of weeks back with Jimmy, she's been fighting with Matt allot.

For Matt and Val to fight is pretty strange. As far as I know Matt didn't fight with her even when they found out I was Jimmy's. Which I find pretty strange because why wouldn't he get pissed with her for fucking his best friend? Hell, I would get pissed off.

I walked down stairs, some time later, to grab some food out of the fridge. Matt walked in to grab another beer. He stank of alcohol. It was really weird because among the band and his friend's Matt wasn't really the guy that drank. He sat down and started to drink his beer.

"Are you alright?" I asked softly, he was like my second dad and I really cared about him. Well to be honest all the other guys in the band where like my dad's, except Johnny. He was more like the older brother I never had or wanted. Matt just gave me the 'are you serious' look. "Why are you and Val fighting all the time?"

"We just are!" He snapped. I looked at him slightly shocked, he had never once snapped at me in my life and he snaps for asking a simple question. "Look, Kay, me and your mom are just having a rough time at the moment..." He always called Val mom around me, it was a habit he got when Noah began to talk. "It's like the time when... Just never mind... having a rough time, that's all you need to know alright?"

"No, it's not alright." I stomped my foot on the ground. "You know bottling things up inside isn't good for your anger! And I am not going to let you take it out on Val, she is the nicest person I know...And you can't get pissed around the kids either it's not good for them to see you like this." He just rolled his eyes. "Is it about Val wanting to go to work?" he shook his head. "Is it about holidays?" again his shook his head. "Then what? The kids? New Album? Long tour?" he shook his head to all. Then I thought about something I hadn't thought of before now. "Is it me?"

He froze and looked at me. "I can't talk to you about this you're to young... Go eat whatever you where getting... If I really wanted to talk to someone I'd call my therapist." He downed the rest of his drink and tried to avoid my eyes. "Look it's gonna be fine... It's just a rough patch... Every couple has one..."

"No, if you two are fighting over me, then tell me what the hell is up." I told him, I didn't want Val to sacrifice her relationship with Matt because it was something I did. "If it's the car, my allowance... Shit like that, then change it, I don't really care. Just as long as you’re not arguing and it's my fault -"

"This isn't about you!" he snapped again.

"Then what the fuck is it about?" I hissed.

"Val cheating on me!" He roared. My jaw dropped and I stared at him in shock. Never in a million years would I have though Val would do that. "Oh fuck," he cursed, as soon as he realized what he had said. "Shit," he hit his head on the table. "You aren't meant to know... Don't tell her I said anything...Oh crap... Just please, don't say anything?"