Being in Nutrition this year has really allowed me to learn how to make some pretty new and amazing food to eat from snacks to a full course meal. One of my favorite things I learned how to make was Sopapilla Cheesecake. It's a quick and easy dessert to whip up when you're looking to eat something sweet.
Ingrediants and Utensils:
- 2 cans of cresent rolls (it doesn't matter what brand you use, but I do it with Pilsburry)
- 2 80z packages of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 9x13 pan or baking dish
- 1 large bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 hand mixer
- The very first thing that you want to do is preheat your oven to 350° F so it'll be nice and warm when you're ready to pop in the pan for baking.
- Next you need to open one can of the cresent rolls and keep the and pat down the dough in your 9x13 inch pan or baking dish so it will completely cover the bottom. Be sure to disperse the dough evenly and fill in the corners of your dish. After you've finished, you my want to cover it with a paper towel or stick it in the refrigerator while making the cream cheese filling.
- In your large bowl, combine the two packages of cream cheese, a cup of sugar, and the teaspoon of vanilla extract with the mixer until it's nice and smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the dough in the pan. You don't want one side to have more of it than the other.
- Now open your last can of cresent rolls and try to pat it flat with your hands until it's big enough to cover the cream cheese in the dish. Lay it down carefuly and lightly fold it over the edges if possible.
- Once you've gotten your dough settled on top, lightly drizzle the 1/2 cup of melted butter on top of it. This is so you can stick the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon on top.
- Combine your sugar and cinnmon into the small bowl and then sprinkle it on top of the butter. The butter should help it stick to the dough.
- Now pop the pan into the oven and let it bake to roughly 40-45 minutes. It should be lightly golden on top of the dough.
- When the finish result comes out of the oven, it's probably best to cut them in small peices
- Remember before baking to try to spread all the ingredients in the pan as evenly and tightly packed as possible. The cream cheese filling will be hot and gooey.
- This dessert is really sweet so you might want to eat it with something that will even it out.