Blueberry Pound Cake
Remember that smell in your grandma's kitchen when she's baking a cake? Well, here is an easy recipe for blueberry pound cake that my grandmother used to make.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of butter or butter flavored shortening
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of lemon extract
- 1/2 cup of butter milk
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups of whole blueberries rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup of powder sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream the sugar and butter/shortening until it is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, add the almond extract, vanilla extract and lemon extract in with the buttermilk and set aside.
- Sift the flour with the salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter, alternating with the buttermilk mixture until evenly distributed.
- Fold in the blueberries. Make sure you save a few for garnish.
- Pour the mixture into a greased/buttered Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool before serving a slice with some of the saved blueberries and powdered sugar over top.