Rainbow cupcakes. They're fun to make. They're even more fun to eat. I love color and making these cupcakes is something I only do during parties. Though I definitely will say that these are something you can enjoy any time.
- 1 box of white cake mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- red, yellow, blue and green food coloring (if you don't have green, just mix yellow and blue togther; you can also make purple the same with red and blue and red and yellow make orange)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow the directions on the box of cake mix.
- In six small cups, pour an equal amount of batter and then add in a different coloring for each cup.
- In a muffin tin, place greased muffin cups in before adding a spoonfull of the purple batter into each cup. Follow with blue, green, yellow, orange and then red.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Cool the cupcakes before adding the icing.
- 8oz. Cream Cheese
- 16oz. of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of water (add more if the icing is too thick.)
- Cream the cream cheese and then add the powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Add vanilla and water until desired thickness.
- Place in a sandwich bag and snip the tip to swirl the icing on top of the cool cupcake.
Note: You can add sprinkles on top if you want. Enjoy.