Easy Homemade Ice Cream
Easy to make, yummy to eat ice cream that can be customized to suit your own taste. It's relatively cheap and requires little baking / cooking expertise, and also makes a fair amount given the minimal effort exerted to make it - I made roughly 3L.
Ingredients and Utensils
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (roughly 300ml)
- Vanilla essence (if desired)
- A large bowl (the one that I used had a capacity of roughly 4L, but I ended up only making ~3L)
- A whisk or electric beater
* see below for variations on flavours to make, or choose your own ingredients to make a uniquely you combination
- Pour thickened cream into bowl, using a whisk or electric beater to whip until soft peaks form.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla essence, continuing to whip until thoroughly mixed. When removing the whipping utensil, the ingredients should almost hold their form.
- Add flavouring and continue to whip until mixed or fold through. If using ingredients which have a juice or liquid accompanying them (such as canned mangoes) drain liquid first.
- Use the spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl clean and smooth over the top of the ice cream. Place in freezer for 2-3 hours, then fold through mixture if desired to lift ingredients such as fruit off of the bottom. Place back in freezer and freeze overnight or until solidified.
- Mango, lime and banana
- Dulce de leche
- Passionfruit and chocolate
- Vanilla bean