Social Networking and E-mails: Dangerous? - Comments

  • Royalty

    Royalty (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Most of the time, you shoul make the descision to keep to yourself and your friends or people you know. If you start talking to other people but that might get dangerous, so its up to you to try and make sure you are safe.
    June 1st, 2009 at 10:34pm
  • Kmart.

    Kmart. (205)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Social Networking sites are only dangerous if you [i]make[/i] them dangerous. If you want to be stupid and talk to some guy whom you have never even met, then decide one day you want to meet said person and you end up getting kidnapped, then fine, but that isn't the site's fault. It's [i]yours[/i].
    May 25th, 2009 at 10:24pm
  • iMaggie

    iMaggie (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    The people who contact people they don't know shouldn't be using the sites in the first place. You just have to continue to educate people on internet safety when they're young.
    May 25th, 2009 at 06:46am
  • Hello Fascination

    Hello Fascination (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    t's true that things like murders and rapes have been an unfortunate result of these networking tools, but aren't we taking the chance of those things also happening by meeting people in real life social settings?

    It's like Emzilly said, people have choices.
    May 24th, 2009 at 04:17pm
  • Penguin.

    Penguin. (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Facebook owns over all :)

    I don't think you can blame the sites, they're not set up so that people can be abusive ect, and you can report any bad activity that happens on those sites.

    People choose to go onto those website and talk to people they don't know and give away personal information, they don't have to. Then the other person then chooses to do stuff out of thier own will. the site didn't make it happen, they did.
    May 23rd, 2009 at 08:49pm
  • TheCoreysGirl

    TheCoreysGirl (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    This is a great article! I like it. :)
    May 23rd, 2009 at 03:27pm
  • paralleldimension

    paralleldimension (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    [i]Great[/i] article. This is something people need to be more aware of.

    I prefer Facebook over MySpace though. xP
    May 23rd, 2009 at 02:31am
  • TenRings

    TenRings (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Awesome article. It is scary what things can be caused via these sites and what is scarier is that everyone seems to be on them. It is great that you highlighted this point! Well done on an amazing article.
    May 22nd, 2009 at 10:00pm
  • dexter

    dexter (450)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Argentina
    Who are we to blame? Definitely the people that contact others that they don't even know.

    I like Myspace better than Facebook.

    But anyway, nice article.
    May 22nd, 2009 at 03:35pm