SMS Hoax Message Threatens Death - Comments

  • I feel insane

    I feel insane (110)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    I have to say, despite how scary the message sounds, you'd have to be pretty gullible to really fall for something like that. I don't know if it's just me, but I've seen enough chain/spam messages to have my doubts when it comes to stuff like this.
    July 28th, 2012 at 07:24pm
  • Crash Rakashe

    Crash Rakashe (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    May I just say, great job on your Article and thank you for informing me, as well as the greater Mibba Community, of events in your country.

    Tracking down the person who sent it shouldn't be an issue as he gave his E-Maill address witch makes it easy to find him for anyone with the right know how. I even managed to find accounts that belonged to him as well as IP's and I'm not some FBI agent with access to the Tracking Tools they have.
    July 27th, 2012 at 07:14pm
  • i'll find my way.

    i'll find my way. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    That's scary. I actually got an unknown call a few months ago... the person on the other line, in a very high pitch voice, said to me, "He he I'm going to kill you." I was absolutely terrified and hung up immediately. I told my parents about it but they told me not to worry, that it could have been one of my friends prank calling me. I'm still a bit scared.
    July 26th, 2012 at 10:51am
  • Grandiose Delusions

    Grandiose Delusions (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    To be honest, and no offense, but that message doesn't even really sound convincing. The "sum1" part actually made me shake my head. It doesn't look or sound legit enough, but that's just me. Regardless, that's pretty stupid to send to people and I hope no one actually gave up their money. Hopefully they catch the person(s) responsible. Like someone else said, if you want money, then go out and make your money like everybody else. People these days man.
    July 25th, 2012 at 05:24pm
  • running in circles;

    running in circles; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I would just wonder who was it that paid this psycho to kill me... :)
    July 25th, 2012 at 03:44am
  • Poirot's Moustache

    Poirot's Moustache (1270)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    72
    Location:
    Australia
    Im hoping the police meant it in the sense that it's a hoax so not to worry.

    Apparently the American FBI will be helping track down the source - that's what I heard on the radio this morning anyway.
    July 24th, 2012 at 12:45pm
  • Sonshine.

    Sonshine. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    That's creepy! I think the police were acting like everybody already knew that the message was a hoax, which is why they sounded like there was "nothing to worry about." Still, I would probably freak out about the message, even if I knew it was a hoax. Some people these days...
    July 24th, 2012 at 04:21am
  • caramelapplecupcake.

    caramelapplecupcake. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    101
    Location:
    United States
    Wow, that is really messed up! And I thought the 419 e-mail scams were crazy. Be careful, you guys!
    July 24th, 2012 at 12:17am
  • glitterximperfection

    glitterximperfection (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    Even if it's spam, it's scary to get. You don't know if you should go to the police or not. They made sound like you can go to the police if someone death threats you.
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:31pm
  • MayaAngelou0524

    MayaAngelou0524 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    That's scary!!! I don't think they should say it's "nothing to worry about". People in this world are crazy. Someone might take advantage of this and actually go through with it! WOW! Just wow. Sad
    July 23rd, 2012 at 08:57pm
  • femincest

    femincest (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    That's crazy! But I can't believe that the police said that a death threat is nothing to contact the police about...
    July 23rd, 2012 at 08:13pm
  • Freeing Conscience

    Freeing Conscience (1445)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    I got a couple of those messages (i'm from sydney, australia) and I just deleted them and forgot about them. Its amazing how someone could be so immature and foolish. Like seriously, if u want money, why dont u get a JOB like the rest of us. Honestly, some people need to grow up!
    July 23rd, 2012 at 06:25pm
  • delirium.

    delirium. (1200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    That is just terrible. :/
    July 23rd, 2012 at 06:11pm
  • atlas -

    atlas - (855)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    Wow... some people will do anything to get money.
    July 23rd, 2012 at 06:04pm