Debutante Ball!

I got a deb ball coming up next year! It's exciting; I don't get a formal this year, which I really wanted (I wanted to make myself a really good copy of the Helena dress, but now there's nowhere to wear it so I won't), so I'll obsess over the deb. I'm the girl that just ties her hair back after brushing it each morning, who always wears pants and a hoodie, only uses eyeliner because it was her thing before everyone else she knew (just likes bras and music), and just doesn't bother with being popular.

Well, now I want to have my hair done, just once. Get the makeup done, just once. Manicure, pedicure, buy a pair of high heels and learn how to walk in them. Learn how to dance. Take a boy. Buy a pretty dress, whether it be princess or sexy. Wear elbow length gloves. Take real effort, and prove that I can be it if I could be bothered.

But...

I need to ask a guy, don't I? I can't go if a guy doesn't ask; guys don't ask cos it's a girl thing. And there's one boy I'd like to ask in my year. But I never talk to him, so how will I ask? It's a problem. But, after this weekend, I've got three days of school before holidays. I'd like to ask him before then.

It's so exciting! I think this boy is cute, I hope no-one else has asked him and he says yes to me, I hope I ask him, I hope I can walk and dance in high heels, that I don't trip on my dress, I wish I could have Kristian do my hair and makeup and nails for me (which is unlikely, she's too far away at the time), and I want it to go almost perfect, but a little not so it's real.
September 19th, 2008 at 10:40am