Why don't people leave comments?

I love writing, always have, and now I've found this place that allows me to share my stories with others. I've needed a lot of guts to start posting my stories on this website as I always used to worry what people think of me. But in the end I kept telling myself that I don't know anyone on here and will never meet any of you face to face so who cares what anyone thinks.
Anyway, I put a lot of work into my stories and love it when I look and see that people are reading them. What I love more is when I notice that someone has subscribed to my stories or have left a comment. but the thing that it getting me at the moment is that I seem to be getting quite a few readers but only one or two of these are leaving comments. This is leaving me rather disheartened and wondering what I have to give to get a simple comment. I read stories on here and leave comments as often as possible and wonder what these authors are doing to get so many comments. At the end of every chapter I ask for comments but like I said very few people actually take just two minutes out of their time to leave their comments to tell me how i'm doing. Just a few words to tell me if you like the story or not is all I ask.
Is that too much to ask?
Is there anyone else out there that feels the same?
Anyone out there know some secret trick to get people to leave comments?

I would like to take this opportunity to thank ALL my readers, but mainly those of you who have subscribed and a VERY BIG THANK YOU to those few people who have taken two minutes to leave a comment after reading one of my chapters. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU xoxox
October 12th, 2008 at 10:56pm