Bringing You; Katy Perry. [sponsored by Diesel and Nokia]

Okay so call me slow, but I only saw the video for Hot N Cold the other day. I didn't like I Kissed A Girl so it wasn't exactly on the top of my priorities list of things to see. But I like it. And the song, too.
But what I don't like about the film clip are the product placements. In the scene where she's on stage, every third shot or so is either her sunglasses or the little metal thingies on her shirt.
I think they're maybe trying to tell us something.
BUY DIESEL PRODUCTS. BUY DIESEL PRODUCTS. BUY DIESEL PRODUCTS. -cough-

Then after we recover from the excessive need to go buy new sunglasses, we get to watch Katy on her soon to be ex's phone.
BUY NOKIA PRODUCTS. BUY NOKIA PRODUCTS. BUY NOKIA PRODUCTS.

But I must say, I love the wronged brides with the baseballs bats. Classic.

It rather saddens me that product placement has become so obvious. Like the little kids in That Green Gentlemen getting out the phone to record the magic show. I mean, give us some credit. Chances are if we like how your product looks in a video, we'll go search the internet to find out what it is and where we can get it.
If I wanted to watch advertising I'd watch the home shopping channel.

Oh and thank you to everyone who helped me last journal by choosing a favourite.
More on that next time. :cute:
October 17th, 2008 at 01:37pm