Just another day

I had been dating Sky for almost a month now. Everything was good but so comfortable. Our relationship was smooth, nice, and predictable in every way. Maybe that’s why I went out searching for some passion, for that flame to spark my adventure and satisfy my craving.
I had known Jesse for a little over a year when I realized that we both shared the same history course. It was only a matter of minutes before he asked to study with me. English being my major and history my minor it seemed only logical. I smiled and agreed. Jesse was everything that I looked for in an adventure, dangerous, witty, clever and also off limits because we live in the same dorm. The thought of getting caught just added fuel to the fire.
It was a week before our midterm and I was sprawled out on the leather couch in his room. “The US entered WWI for what reason?” I asked for what seemed like the hundredth time. I took a quick shot of tequila. I had agreed to drink, it was after all a Thursday night. No classes in the morning and I wasn’t the one who needed to stay clear headed.
Jesse groaned and jumped next to me. “ Because we hate the Germans?” he teased. He rested his legs over my lap and smiled.
I shoved his legs off of me and rolled my eyes in response. “ Seriously Jesse”
“ A’ight a’ight teach, they entered the war because of provocation from undeclared submarine warfare along with the Zimmerman telegram.” He smirked back.
I smiled back as I stuck out my tongue. “ Good.” I glanced at the clock, it read 12:20 a.m. I sighed and mentally groaned. We had been going at this for hours. “ I think I am going to crash Jesse, its late.”
I stood up and wavered slightly, “ too much tequila.”
Jesse stood up and caught me and sat me back down and clicked the T.V on. Comedy central was having a special on Jeff Dunham. We laughed and watched it as I attempted to sober up. It was during some laugh that he kissed me. Abruptly and surprising. I found myself kissing him back not caring of the consequences.
It was soon afterwords that we found ourselves entangled in each other laughing still. It was 9 a.m. when my phone went off with a text message. “ Good morning beautiful” was the text and of course it was my boyfriend texting me while I was in the arms wrapped up in Jesse’s bed. I groaned mentally and snapped the phone shut and curled back into a comfortable position. At 11 a.m. Jesse and I both stumbled from bed.
“ I need to shower” I laughed looking at my hair, it was all frizzy and poofed out. My curls on big sexy mess.
I felt his hands around my waist as he laughed, “ Yes you do but so do I. Wanna shower here?”
I raised my eyebrow at the thought. I had never taken a shower at the dorms before with someone else. Yes my room mate but that was different. Never with a boy at the dorms. It was just “ too dangerous” as someone had previously informed me. But again the thought of getting caught seemed to make me want to do it even more. I nodded as we tip toed to the shower.
30 minutes later and some what cleaner I was putting my clothes back on in a hurry. If I wanted to avoid the Arnold Hall gossip table. I hugged Jesse good bye and walked out the door trying my best to look inconspicuous. No such luck.
The three Arnold freshman gossipers were at the table. Sunglasses on, cigarettes in hand and their gaze fixed on me. Stay cool stay cool I whispered to myself. But just as I was about to run to my room one called my name.
“ Hey, what did you do last night?” she teased with assuming eyes.
I gulped and turned back around trying my best to put on a poker face. “ Nothing” I lied sweetly. “ Jesse and I were studying for History midterm, crashed from drinking too much. I’m a light weight.” I blabbered.
The girls looked me over and smiled wickedly and pointed to my neck. “ Really?” I brushed my hair over my neck.
“ Yeah but talk later class soon.” I said turning around before they could dissect me apart. I paced to my room trying not to look too guilty. When I arrived in my room I looked at my neck. It was completely marked up. Hickeys on both sides. I cursed loudly. “ Damn it Jesse!”
It took half a bottle of foundation and some cover girl power before it was covered up. I walked outside and went straight to his room. I found him studying my notes. “ You marked me up!” I shouted.
Jesse looked up as if he was bored and glanced at my neck. “ Sorry, unintentional I promise.”
I squinted my eyes, “ You idiot you know I have a boyfriend!” I stomped over to him glaring down as he continued to study.
Jesse smiled. “ Good luck covering it up.”
“ Screw you” I snapped back.
Jesse stood up and put himself directly in my face, “ Gladly” he laughed. I felt his lips meet mine in a demanding way. And I felt my body curve to his. In my mind I thought what the heck already in deep shit as it is why not go deeper?

------
And now? My neck still has the hickeys there is not enough make up in the world to cover it up. I see my boyfriend tomorrow. And I help Jesse again tonight with History. *sigh* It seems I get myself into these situations. At least they make for good writing material
October 23rd, 2008 at 04:27am