Wow, look at how Mibba's changed..

I've been on Mibba literally since it opened. I'm the 53rd profile.
I was having computer problems and that's why you might not have seen me for a few months. Ello again journal world!

When I finally get my computer I go on Mibba and...let me just say how shocked I was at how much it's changed in the past few months.

I'm really glad the site is getting more people because it is a cool site once you get the hang of it. I'm just a little...well...suprised at the shift.

When Mibba started [2 years ago. =O] it was primarily a bandfic site, due to the merge of Dujo's 2 fansites, GSB and INO.

I'm a GSBian, obviously. So I just transferred my fics, found my friends and life continued on with a hell of a lot more MCR fans.

TBP exploded and I got more and more annoyed with MCR till now I only listen to Bullets and that's VERY rare.

MCR ruled this site for a while until I started seeing more Paramore and Panic! and Fueled by Ramen fans. I don't really like that style but hey, they're not as "pushy" as My Chem fans so I dealt.

Then in May 08, right before my computer died, there was a shift of Quizilla refugees who left that site due to some issues with the new layout or whatever. We welcomed them and another dynamic shift occured, this one not being too bad since there was no set fandom take over.

Now, as I make my return, I see....Jonas Brothers? Really?

Now, I'm fucking glad it isn't Hannah Montana or High School Musical because truthfully, they're not that talented. At least the Jonas Brothers can write their own songs.

But having to live with a hyperactive 9 year old sister who WILL. NOT. SHUT. UP. about Joe Jonas isn't really making me like them.

I haven't been back long enough to figure out if the JB fans are pushy but I can certainly see a lot of them clogging the journals.

So, any other thoughts on ANOTHER Mibba fandom fad?

I personally think us Matches fans should take over. Shawn Harris is very very lovely. =D

-Ash

PS: Look at my new layout. =D
October 29th, 2008 at 09:20am