I still remember...

I was there. I saw it happening right before my eyes.
There were two towers, two GIGANTIC towers. Two seconds. Nothing...

Image

My best friend called me
MICHELLE ARE YOU OKAY? ARE YOU ALIVE?! OH MY GOD... YOUR FAMILY, ARE THEY OKAY?! OH MY GOD...

I am okay, indeed. I didn't get hurt. No one in my family got too hurt.

There was this boy, tough. His name was Ben. We weren't exactly friends, but he was a nice guy. I can still remember his big blue eyes and curly blonde hair. He was short and extremelly skinny, he would always wear t-shirts with funny drawings. He was inside one of the towers when the plane went BANG!

But I am okay. Life will never be the same, though.

My best friend was in New York two days before the attack. She went to the World Trade Center, one of the world's tallest buildings. She went right to the top of it.
Michelle, this is AMAZING! It's quite scary to imagine what would happen if I slipped down the edge, but still... This is SO cool!

I keep asking myself what would have happened if she had been there just two days too late. Forty-eight hours.

But thanks God she wasn't...

Thanks God...

If there really was a God, why would he allow something like this to happen?
Like Ben, many other innocent people died. We're talking about hundreds of people...
Hundreds of people who had nothing to do with whatever happened...

It's not fair...

I still remember. I still remember Ben's face. I still remember his voice.
Wait a second, Michelle, I'll be right back!
November 8th, 2008 at 12:21pm