Social Support is Vital For the Human Being.

Image

They say Immigrants have more stress because they are broken away from their support group and they deal with daily attacks towards their beliefs, cultures, language and morale.

That is some crazy stuff. They also say that latinos are less likely to go to therapy or a psychologists, just because that goes far beyond their comfort zone. Its funny to me though, because my mom took me to a psychologists. Not because im crazy or anything. But because my mother is an illegal immigrant. She has lived in the U.S. longer than i have, and i was born here, Thanks to her :]

She needed me and my brothers to go to psych. because she needed to show that it would be "detrimental" if she were ever deported. And it would be, not necessarily for me, because im 8 hours away from her already. But for my brothers definitely. It really helps to go to a psych if you really open up to them. Seriously. It made me feel like i was not the only one who felt the way i did. The guy was a mess tho, he was wearing a very wrinkled shirt, his beard, needed to be shaved and his shoes were older than my mom. Very unprofessional.

He was a funny fellow that really gets you to open up. And to make the experience even more memorable, i saw the gay guy from greys anatomy, coming in to the same doctor. Thats cool right? Haha having the same shrink. Except he probably pays $824987342508973.00 to talk to him about his sexual suppression ;]. But other than that. Its true that everyone needs a support group. Everyone needs family and friends :]. Because they complete you as a human being.

People are more likely to commit suicide when they are detached from society. SO society is a vital part of life in itself. Which is good to know, because i just thought i was attention craazeedd, but i need it to survive.

These were just some thoughts that roamed in my head.
Im late for class.
But im sure I dont mind being Late. :]

-kkfu.
November 11th, 2008 at 01:47am