Love: Quotes & Musings

These are some quotes I like from people I know, people and I don't know, and the Internet.

"Romanticism cannot last when faced with reality."

"Don't regret anything that ever made you smile."

"I'm the type of girl that can be hurt, but can still look at you and smile. I'm the type of girl who is willing to brighten your day even if I can't brighten my own."

"I am the author of my life. Unfortunately, I'm writing in pen and can't erase my mistakes."

"Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together."

There are things you don't want to happen but you have to accept. There are things you don't want to know but you have to learn. There are people you can't live without but you have to let go."

"Sometimes love is letting go when you only want to hold on tighter."

"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."

"I promise you, no matter what happens, when you look back, I'll always be there."

"I blame myself for believing you when you told me just how much you loved me."

"Don't let the things you love slip away."

"I don't smile as much now that we've stopped talking."

"It's hard to wait around for something that you know might not happen. But, it's even harder to give up when you know it's everything that you ever wanted."

"Everyone is always asking me what's wrong, but I don't even think it makes any sense. It's just...my heart hurts."

"Here's to the guys that love me, the losers that lost me, and the lucky bastards who get to meet me!"

"Why do we like to hurt so much?"

"I just wanted you to know that I never forgot abut you. I still think of you from time to time and it still hurts knowing you're not here."

"Once it's broken so many times, you start to lose the pieces. So it's just best if I keep it to myself for now before I lose too much. I'm already in too deep."

"I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had."

"It breaks your heart when people you know become people you knew, when you can walk right past someone as if they were never a huge part of your life. You used to be able to talk on the phone for hours and now you can't even look each other in the damn eye. It completely breaks your heart to know good things change and there's nothing you can do."

"And all I ask for is a second chance to show you just how much my heart misses you, because when I said I didn't care, I lied."

"I've got a secret about you and me. Even though we're apart, I know we're meant to be. I'll love you forever, even when I'm old and gray. Even when I'm taken, I'll love you everyday."

"You will always be in my life, even if I'm not in your life. You're still in my memories."

"A broken heart is like a broken mirror. It's better to leave it broken than to hurt yourself trying to fix it."

"I believe I am, in girl talk, and extended rebound guy to be left when the right guy comes along, but you still keep in contact with just in case the so called 'right guy' falls through. Until one day, you realize that the so called 'rebound guy' is really the right one for you, but it's too late, but then something changes and everything is all right."

"When you love someone, you don't give up."

"I'm gonna smile like nothing's wrong, talk like everything's perfect, act like it's all a dream, and pretend it's not hurting me."

"Remember me once in a while. Promise me you'll try."
“I’m so tired of pretending everything’s okay. My tears are staring to show and my smile’s fading away.”

“You’re the one who showed me the meaning behind the love songs I never understood and you’re the one that made me understand the songs about heartbroken little girls.”

“Someone out there was meant to be the love of your life, the one you can tell your dreams to—and he’ll smile when you tell him, but he’ll never laugh. He’ll brush the hair out of your face and he’ll stare at you during a movie even though he paid $11 to see it. He’ll call you to tell you he couldn’t stop thinking about you, and, most importantly, he’ll look right in your eyes and tell you that you’re the most beautiful girl he’s ever seen and, for the first time in your life, you’ll believe it. That is what they mean by true love.”

“You ask why I haven’t talked to you. Well, maybe it’s because you slowly pushed me out of your life. I’m glad you’re finally noticing.”

“If you taught me how to love, then teach me how to forget what I feel for you.”

"They ignore each other and look the other way, but they both know it wasn't supposed to end this way."

“If you love someone, tell them, because hearts are often broken by words left unspoken.”

“Torn between two: Which one do you choose? …the one you love or the one who loves you?”

“True love is when you shed a tear and still want him. It’s when he ignores you, but you still love him. It’s when he loves another and you still smile and say, ‘I’m happy for you.’”

Thanks for reading! I love quotes so if you have any you like, that you think I would like, or that you just wanna get out there, then tell me! They can even be ones that you made up. Those tend to be the best.

Ciao!
Kami
November 20th, 2008 at 09:18pm