Letdowns and Highlights of 08' *EDITED*

Okay so 08' is coming to an end and I wanted to list all of the albums/artists/random things that were let downs this year in order, and the best of the year.

Letdowns/worst:

Artists:
5. Gym Class Heroes
(The Quilt? I mean comeon, it definitely didn't live up to it's expectations.)

4. Jonas Brothers
(Nuff' said.)

3. Fall Out Boy
(Folie A Duex was okay, but again, didn't live up to all the hype it got.)

2. Hit The Lights
(I miss their old singer, their new stuff just sounds all too pop punk to me.)

1. Metro Station
(We all should be over them by now.)

Small Bands
5. Before Their Eyes
4. Nickasaur
3. The Good Die Young
2. Mr. Fyner And The Tech Ed Room
1. You, Me At Six

Albums:
5. The Summer Set - ...In Color - EP
(I've loved this band for a while, but some of the original versions were warped, and now it's just messy.)

4. The Medic Droid - What's Your Medium
(Same, the original versions were warped into a bad mix.)

3. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
(Definitely not the old Coldplay I used to love.)

2. Jack's Mannequin - The Glass Passenger
(Something about this album, I don't know, I just really get pushed away from it.)

1. Hit The Lights - Skip School, Start Fights
(Great live band, all of the songs pretty much have the same riffs though...)

Random Things:
5. Chapter Fifty broke up.
4. Farewell lost their keyboardist.
3. Cobra Starship's new album isn't coming out until February 09'.
2. Phantom Planet went on an indefinite hiatus.
1. Chris Faller left The Hush Sound. :'(

_______________________________________________________________________

Highlights/best:

Artists:
5. The Morning Light
(I'll be seeing this band for the second time in February, and they are amazing. They've all got a good head on their shoulders, and really appreciate all the recognition they're getting. Soon enough, they're gonna break out.)

4. And Then There Were None
(Tooth & Nail's most recent signing, and already known across the country. I love these boys.)

3. Cobra Starship
(This band toured EVERYWHERE. Gabe had to undergo throat surgery because he always put the fans and music before himself.)

2. The Hoodies
(They came to NH, twice. Nuff' said.)

1. The Academy Is...
(Their album received a lot of hype, but they continued to trek on even after they lost some fans. Kuuu-dos.)

Small Bands
5. Runner Runner
(This band produced an awesome EP, and a stripped EP of that EP. Both were fantastic.)

4. Lannen Fall
(They have always been so nice to their fans, they actually sent me a Christmas card. How sweet. (: Plus they got to open for Panic At The Disco, I say that's pretty cool.)

3. The Arrival
(Number one on PureVolume's list of Unsigned Bands because of their Believe The Hype - EP they put out.)

2. Cash Cash
(I used to have And Then There Were None in this spot. They aren't small anymore. Cash Cash released a CD recently titled, Take It To The Floor, it's really great.)

1. The Hoodies
(Always working hard. Never stopping. Nice guys. Just well put together band.)

Albums:
5. Carolina Liar - Coming To Terms
(One of the only good emotional albums out there.)

4. Valencia - A Reason To Believe
(This band tries so hard to be known, and they really aren't. Help me push these boys to mainstream.)

3. Forever The Sickest Kids - Underdog Alma Mater
(Genius)

2. The Academy Is... - Fast Times At Barrington High
(Not what we all expected, but it's really great.)

1. Forgive Durden - Razia's Shadow: A Musical
(This album is the most original album I've ever heard in my life. For me to actually change this, to have TAI on number two, is a big thing. They storyline is just amazing.)

Random Things:
5. All of the bands I've discovered. (ask for some if you want.)
4. Plain White T's put on a really good live show.
3. The cover of AP for the month of November was Fall Out Boy Rules/Sucks. Rules being the old FOB.
2. Warped Tour in the rain.
1. My stories still make progress despite the hiatus I went on.

_______________________________________________________________________

Breakout Artists 08':
5. We The Kings
(After the single Skyway Avenue debuted itself in late 07' this band got ready for take off. In late Spring, when they released Check Yes Juliet as a single, the teenage girl population exploded with excitement, and so did they.

4. All Time Low
(This band has been around for a while. Once their single for Dear Maria, Count Me In, hit the MTV crowd, they took off, then Poppin' Champagne came out, and everyone loved them.)

3. Forever The Sickest Kids
(If you haven't ever heard of this band, you are crazy. Their album Underdog Alma Mater was a great release, and a wicked awesome first full length.)

2. The Maine
(For all you people who have loved The Maine since the beginning, such as myself, you would know that if you went to one of their shows now, and compared it to a show a year or so ago, it would be HUGE to you.)

1.The Cab
(Signed to Fueled By Ramen/Decaydance in late 07' with the help of their friends from Panic At The Disco. In April 08' they released Whisper War with great pride. Soon enough everyone found themselves singing I'll Run wherever they went, and thinking of The Cab's music video, with the couples making out, which first aired on FN'MTV Premieres.)

_______________________________________________________________________

Predictions for 09'.
- Cobra Starship's album will be amazing.
- Warped Tour will stop in Mansfield, MA, again.
- The Academy Is.. will embark on another headlining tour, one with a date I can go to.
- Harry Potter 6 will suck.
- Obama will get us in more debt than we already are.

Loveyouall,
Danika.

P. S. Comment this, take it, and do it in your journal, if you want. Just let me know. I don't mind one bit. Also, don't be too harsh on my opinions. If this were you're blog, I wouldn't be harsh on yours.

P.S.S. Read my stories. Or even if you don't read them, help me promote them. I'd love for some more people to read my work. I fight for them to stay alive and it would be an honor if I could get a wider audience.
December 6th, 2008 at 02:51am