Pain

okay i don't know if it's around where other people live but you may have heard of it through youtube

it's a thing called the Pain Game. Where a bunch of boys get together and film themselves beating eachother up with several things. My ex used to do it, i stopped him cz i got sick of him whingeing that he was in pain all the time but i don't understand why people feel the need to entertain themselves by hurting themselves.

It's probably better than hurting someone else i'm not trying to promote that because that's just horrible.

But surely people can't be that bored that they decide to hurt themselves? Even if they're not playing the Pain Game.

Now you could blame this on boredom, you could blame this on things like Jackass (never really understood the appeal of that either) but i am going to blame it on ego.

I swear that must be it, somone goes 'aw i bet you couldn't stand this and that' or something and someone accepts the challenge just so they don't look like a wimp.

but why should you have to prove yourself to others? Surely peer pressure shouldn't be a reason for doing horrific things to yourself, (one boy i talk to tol a bunch of people to kick him in the balls, he lasted 14 times, my ex boyfriend had a stell chair being hit across his back) and it's all very well saying that they shouldn't be doing this and people shouldn't be doing that but it's not going to stop it.

So i'd just like someone to try and explain it to me a little. Is there pleasure in it? There must be I suppose, but I just don't see it at all.

and frankly if you're really that bored then don't bother going out, get a good game stay in and just kill people on a games console or something. Gamers might be nerds but they're not the ones complaining of pains from something that they've done to themselves. (excluding little knocks and bumps around the house or over-enthusiastic gaming)
December 11th, 2008 at 12:37am