Such a GREAT Idea

Ok, so I'm taking a sculpture class in my high school, and for our final project, we have to use plaster hands (in any school appropriate gesture) to represent ANY social issue people face today. We also have to have at least three mediums in this work. That's basically all of the requirements. SO, I decided to address people's lack of concern for cutting and suicide rates.
I came up with the perfect idea for it today. I'm gonna start with a poster board and plaster it with pictures of cut up arms, emo insignias, and random words. Then, I'm gonna make plaster hands, one reaching for the sky desperately, the other holding a razor blade to it.
There will be blades and pins jutting out of the hands in every which way. Along with fake blood ;].
Then, I'll attach the hands to the board, and take chain and wrap it around the hands.
Then I'm gonna take razor blades, broken glass, pins.... basically any sharp object I can get a hold of, and glue it to the board in piles. Then I'll splatter fake blood all over it and call it a day.
Gosh, I'm so demented, but hey, I've been there, and I don't think anyone who sees this display of gore will be able to make fun of it again.
December 16th, 2008 at 04:47am