Life as we know it.

It's December 21st, 2008. It's 12:22 A.M. on a Sunday morning. I'm still residing in New Jersey. I am no longer heartbroken. Actually, to be specific, I haven't been since August 25th. During the last few days of August, I met someone dearly to me. I don't know what I would have done without him. His name is Bill, and he's my everything. He's seventeen and I know, our age difference is a bit out there, but I am fourteen mind you. We met in band camp, I was just joining the high school marching band. Like everyone else we had to attend band camp and march and play and everything else we band geeks do. Our band director told him I was going to be playing bass during football games, and since he was a senior and would be graduating this year, I would be "replacing" him in the stands one day. Well, we all know he would be coming back.

And I think, without Bill, this year would have been probably the turning point of my life where I would solemnly loose it altogether. Through the tragics of last year and now some horrors of premature deaths this year, I probably would have been in the asylum without Bill in my life. It all started off as friend to friend. He helped with everything. On days he had work and couldn't make it to practice, he'd leave all of the electronics all ready and set to go for me and leave me some kind of note saying, "Katie - Good luck today. I'll be at work until eight. I love you." He taught me tablature (for those of you not knowing what that is, it's bass tabs, an easy way to read and play bass) and was patient with me. He even offered to take me home whenever my parents were running late at the office.

You could say it was kind of like in New Moon, when Edward left and Bella had no one. Then she met Jacob and she just depended on him. Well, that's how it was like for Bill and I. I couldn't stand to not be able to talk to him or see him or even hear his voice (though that soon subsided due to the fact that he recorded a text message ringtone for me ^.^). I think the most reasonable thing was, I really did love him. I told him that every day, sometimes I think he believed it and sometimes he just played along.

Then the love grew into something more than that. Sometime along the line it grew into my very existence of life. He was the reason why I was still standing. Why I was still breathing and hapy and for once, smiling. It was all very so surreal. We spent six days out of the week with each other, he only lived down the road from me and he had a car so we went to many places with each other just to hang out and be with each other. Sometimes I actually considered that maybe, just maybe, he liked me back too.

Then, during the holiday concert for Santa Clause at our local bank, I really decided to finally tell him. That night he was playing at a get together for past band members, and I texted him. I told him I liked him. I waited for over an hour for his heartstopping reply (for he had been playing nonstop). And then he said, "I like you too." It seemed so unreal I had told him that I actually meant "like you like you" as if we were little kids on the playground at recess. He said, "I know what you mean. I like you like you too. I have since the first day I met you." To this day my heart still drops and turns and takes dips at reading those words.

I've always considered myself as to be the luckiest girl on earth to have met Bill, and to actually know he's the one who owns my heart and I own his in return. I can't even begin to imagine how pitiful my life would have been without him. Or the fact that, he made my life. I'd like to thank him for that for the rest of my life if possible. I only want whatever's best for him, and I love him dearly and deeply.
December 21st, 2008 at 06:37am