Lists.

I bid 2008 farewell. New Years Eve is not until tomorrow but I feel I should write this now because I'm rather busy tomorrow. 2008 had ups and downs, like every year. I transformed into a whole new person and I learned so many new things about myself. I came home from school early after trying to change myself in 2007. It failed miserably. Well, maybe not miserably, I learned where my home is.

What 2008 Taught Me

1. Life doesn't always work out how you want it to.
2. Sometimes, you gotta work a lot harder for what you want.
3. Never waste your time on a boy; when the time is right, it will happen. Trust me.
4. Overcome your fears and you can achieve your goals.
5. There's always someone who loves you.
6. People aren't always how you knew them to be.
7. Girls are whores. Leave my boyfriend alone before I actually do shank you.
8. I have a bad temper. Only when needed. Stay away from it.
9. Never go with what people tell you to do with your life. Go with your dreams. Following what someone else thinks is best for you could cause you to waste half a year of your life.
10. True friends will always be there for you, no matter how many times you fuck up, forget to call, run into problems making plans or even not speaking for months.

Before going on with what I want 2009 to bring or what I wish to do in 2009, I'm going to discuss what I thought was good and/or bad about 2008. One of my biggest annoyances is -I'll insert a warning. Follower's a trends beware- Twilight. Okay, the book may be good, I don't know. I have never read it and don't plan to - I do not, I repeat, do not have the time to read a series of books. I have thousands of textbooks to read, essays to write, and tests to study for. One day, I will read it. Right now, I don't have time. The movie is pure and utter crap. The acting is terrible. I watched it today. I thought perhaps the trend is caused by how hot the actor for Edward Cullen is. Nope. Completely unattractive. The camera work was bad, the effects were terrible. Just. Blah.

The sudden obsession with Heath Ledger, Batman and The Joker. Yes, he was great. He deserves an Oscar, I agree. But don't like someone or something just because the man fucking died. Give me a break. I bet half the kids who omgluvhim couldn't name 5 other movies he was in before they found out he died. OMGLets go research!!!!11!11.

What I thought was cool. Britney Spears reinventing herself. The woman overcame a lot. Divorce, loss of her kids, mental breakdowns, the media driving her absolutely insane, rehab. Criticize her if you will, but she's a hell of a lot stronger than half the people on this site. You don't have the public watching your every move. I know I fuck up constantly when I feel like I'm being judged and watched. She appears to have grown up as well - like she's actually trying. Shaving her head? People shave their heads all the time, why was it such a big deal when she did? Because she's Britney Spears? Everyone has breakdowns. Everyone snaps. She just happened to get caught doing it.

What I want from 2009:

1. Lose some weight. I'm not fat, just out of shape. So I guess it's get in shape?
2. Find new roommates.
3. Actually attend all my classes.
4. Actually do my reading for said classes.
5. Find a new place to live.
6. Spend less money
7. Visit Dale during the summer.
8. Actually tell people how I feel.
9. Try not to get annoyed when said whorish girls from the previous list talk to my boyfriend.
10. Continue to stay happy.

I guess 2009 doesn't have much to worry about. It's more of a to do/not do list. Hm, Well, Happy New Years.
December 31st, 2008 at 07:42am