[47] Stephen King.

I seriously love this man to death. Bloody, gory, mutilated death. : D

I recently rented out 3 of SK's novels:
"The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon", "The Dark Half", and "Carrie".
They were all amazing!

Except I couldn't really focus on the story when reading "Carrie"...
I kind of just sat there and felt sorry for Emily. <____<'

WELL ANYWAY, I love horror stuff because I love to feel paranoid. :]
I don't really know why...
Maybe it's that weird feeling in the bottom of my gut, maybe it's the adrenaline rush... I don't know, but I love it.

OKAY, SO, THESE ARE THE SUMMARIES, taken off of SK's website, www.stephenking.com.

CARRIE
The story of misfit high-school girl, Carrie White, who gradually discovers that she has telekinetic powers. Repressed by a domineering, ultra-religious mother and tormented by her peers at school, her efforts to fit in lead to a dramatic confrontation during the senior prom.

THE DARK HALF
For years, Thad Beaumont has been writing books under the pseudonym George Stark. When a journalist threatens to expose Beaumont's pen name, the author decides to go public first, killing off his pseudonym. Stark isn't content to be dispatched that easily, though. Beaumont's alter ego comes to life and begins to stalk those responsible for his demise. The police suspect Beaumont is responsible for these violent crimes.

THE GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON
Nine-year-old Trisha McFarland strays from the path while she and her recently divorced mother and brother take a hike along a branch of the Appalachian Trail. Lost for days, wandering farther and farther astray, Trisha has only her portable radio for comfort. A huge fan of Tom Gordon, a Boston Red Sox relief pitcher, she listens to baseball games and fantasizes that her hero will save her. Nature isn't her only adversary, though - something dangerous may be tracking Trisha through the dark woods.

I recommended them to everyone who doesn't mind horror...
Well, except for maybe I don't really recommend "Carrie" to Emily, for obvious reasons. :[

So, yeah!
Stephen King, FTW!

xMargiƫ
December 31st, 2008 at 09:29pm