Education

Okay, so I'm busy doing Graphics Design at college, my 2nd year, which is my last year of this course.
I can go to university, but I haven't been getting good grades, like I'm getting Passes and if I'm lucky, I'll get a Merit.
(It goes Distinction, Merit, Pass, Unclassified)
And I feel like I've got no talent in the course, compared to the other people. The thing is, I'm sick of being so creative all the time. They constantly think that we're thinking outside the box, but sometimes I always think inside.

It's just that I'm failing, and I don't really care. I don't want to do Graphics. I'm only finishing off this year because I want a qualification. If I drop out now, that's 1 and half year of my life wasted.
So I wanted to do Internation Baccurilate or something like that, but I'm two grades under the requirments and there's no way to get them up. I could go do it at another college, but that's getting bus to town then metro every morning until I learn to drive. I won't mind taking the train, but what I hear the college is... well... it sucks. I would want to go to a good college like I am now. But the course there have Physcology and History which are two subjects I'm in to.
My friend got into the first one, and I want to take the same course as her but our education comes before, we still remain friends, but it'll be nice to have a person there I know since I'm really shy, so I probably won't make that many friends if that (Trust me, I didn't at college)

So the only choice is A Levels, but when I went to the opening evening, English Literature and Language didn't seem like it's for me, and I really want to take that because I am seriously thinking about becoming a writer. I don't know whether I would like it as a career though since it's my favourite hobby.
In A Levels I can do 4 subjects, which will probably be English Lit and Lang, Physcology, Philosophy, and Film Studies.

I'm just really confused and upset. I had my hopes up high for the IB course at Newcastle College, but I got rejected. I want to do an IB course, but Tynemet college is abit of a travel... and I heard that college isn't that good.
Philosophy and Film Studies sounded really good for A-Levels, I couldn't check out Physcology because the teacher wasn't there... but English Lit and Lang just sounded... yuck.

I'm just confused. I'm going to the opening eveing to the Tynemet college with my friend later this month... that's if we don't get lost.
And I just needed to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading if you did XD
January 14th, 2009 at 05:55pm